IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Question about Lepai Tripath Class-T Hi-Fi Audio Mini Amplifier, will the amp work with a 50 watts speakers?
downdahill
post May 26 2012, 04:32
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 85062

I have a 2 bookshelf speaker (50 watts 08 omhs each speaker) laying around the house unused. Just wondering if i can use Lepai Tripath Class-T Hi-Fi Audio Mini Amplifier with that bookshelf speakers spec? I mainly want to use the amp for my desktop pc.

Lepai-Tripath-Class-T-Amplifier
http://www.amazon.com/Lepai-Tripath-Class-...cm_cr_pr_sims_t
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Arnold B. Kruege...
post May 26 2012, 10:04
Post #2

Member No.: 61311

QUOTE (downdahill @ May 25 2012, 23:32) *
I have a 2 bookshelf speaker (50 watts 08 omhs each speaker) laying around the house unused. Just wondering if i can use Lepai Tripath Class-T Hi-Fi Audio Mini Amplifier with that bookshelf speakers spec? I mainly want to use the amp for my desktop pc.

Yes it will work.

The most serious problem with most switchmode power amps is that their frequency response depends on the speakers they are hooked to. Not a horrible problem, but one that is potentially slightly audible.
+Quote Post
hlloyge
post May 26 2012, 16:32
Post #3

Member No.: 27018

QUOTE (Arnold B. Krueger @ May 26 2012, 11:04) *
The most serious problem with most switchmode power amps is that their frequency response depends on the speakers they are hooked to. Not a horrible problem, but one that is potentially slightly audible.

How so? I've never heard of that, care to explain, or give a link with explanation?
+Quote Post
Arnold B. Kruege...
post May 26 2012, 16:36
Post #4

Member No.: 61311

QUOTE (hlloyge @ May 26 2012, 11:32) *
QUOTE (Arnold B. Krueger @ May 26 2012, 11:04) *

How so? I've never heard of that, care to explain, or give a link with explanation?

It's a problem common to most switchmode amps - there is a low pass filter on their output that has increasing reactance even within the audio band. The filter is outside any feedback loop.
+Quote Post
downdahill
post May 28 2012, 19:13
Post #5

Member No.: 85062

QUOTE (Arnold B. Krueger @ May 26 2012, 02:04) *
QUOTE (downdahill @ May 25 2012, 23:32) *

Yes it will work.

Is this Lepai amp setup better than a desktop speakers and will it sound better.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st April 2014 - 05:50