IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> foobar2000 Tech Support Forum Rules

Please read foobar2000 Tech Support Forum Rules before posting and comply with all the points.
Failure to provide all the information pointed out in the above document in your post is considered wasting other people's time and in extreme cases will lead to your topic getting locked without a reply.

See also: Hydrogenaudio Terms of Service.

"Fix VBR MP3 Header" on CBR files?
kidnukey
post Jun 1 2012, 20:47
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 100297

The verify file integrity tool gives me a lot of "Warning: Reported length is inaccurate" results on my mp3 files. This is strange because I encoded most of them myself and maintain a checksum database of all my files, so I know corruption is not the issue. I'm assuming it was an old version of the LAME encoder which caused the problem.

I am aware of the "Fix VBR MP3 Header" utility to repair this issue, however, many of the files being flagged are CBR, not VBR. I've also read about a lot of issues with this feature in general (fixing the lengths in foobar but breaking them in another player, etc). I'm just wondering if there are any known problems with using a VBR utility to repair a CBR file, and any other information about what exactly this feature does would be helpful.
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2014 - 12:42