IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> foobar2000 General Forum Rules

This is NOT a tech support forum.
Tech support questions go to foobar2000 Tech Support forum instead.

See also: Hydrogenaudio Terms of Service.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
How can I copy tags from one MP3 to another MP3 easily?, [was “Editing multiple tags - choosing one tag's settings for all
audiofox
post Jun 8 2012, 01:31
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 100401

Edit: sorry, I am really tired and totally wrote this the wrong way but I can't edit the title. I meant, how to copy tags from one mp3 to another mp3 easily.

Is there a way to do this? For example I have numerous mp3s with complete info, then some from the same album without. If I highlight them and try to tag them, it does show the properties (as multiple values), but then there seems to be no way to select from the values. If I click in the window to try to choose or right click it just blanks out the values. Is there something I'm missing? Thanks so much...

Another Edit: I just read the page on how to copy tags, the only problem is that it adds the title of the tag (Like, when I copied the comment, since there were multiple tags, it actually copied like this in the front - "Comment : «multiple values»". Of course I can delete it, but I'm not sure if maybe I'm just doing something wrong.

This post has been edited by audiofox: Jun 8 2012, 01:50
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Ouroboros
post Jun 8 2012, 01:53
Post #2

Member No.: 53927

Right click on the tag name, and select Edit. Pick the value you want, Control C to copy, then select the "Single Value" tab and Control V to paste the value.

Alternatively, use MP3Tag - it allows you to pick from a drop-down menu with all of the values for that field.

This post has been edited by Ouroboros: Jun 8 2012, 01:54
+Quote Post
audiofox
post Jun 8 2012, 10:14
Post #3

Member No.: 100401

QUOTE (Ouroboros @ Jun 8 2012, 01:53) *
Right click on the tag name, and select Edit. Pick the value you want, Control C to copy, then select the "Single Value" tab and Control V to paste the value.

Alternatively, use MP3Tag - it allows you to pick from a drop-down menu with all of the values for that field.

Thanks so much!!! I wish it was a little easier to get to that stage (like right clicking in the fields) but that works smile.gif
+Quote Post
db1989
post Jun 8 2012, 10:36
Post #4

Group: Super Moderator
Member No.: 32180

You can select multiple fields at once: in the leftmost column (i.e. field name), click the first, hold shift, click the second, and finally right-click within the selected area and choose Copy.

Then you can just paste into the metadata box for the targeted files, via right-clicking in the same area and selecting Paste.

Of course, the right-click options can be replaced by their corresponding keyboard shortcuts, as long as the right window/area has focus.

QUOTE (audiofox @ Jun 8 2012, 01:31) *
Another Edit: I just read the page on how to copy tags, the only problem is that it adds the title of the tag (Like, when I copied the comment, since there were multiple tags, it actually copied like this in the front - "Comment : «multiple values»". Of course I can delete it, but I'm not sure if maybe I'm just doing something wrong.
Yeah, I think you probably pasted directly into the text-box for the field value, rather than into the metadata area in general.

This post has been edited by db1989: Jun 8 2012, 10:37
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2014 - 11:01