Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Interpolation of Clipping and Bit-Rate Questions. (Read 12799 times) previous topic - next topic

Interpolation of Clipping and Bit-Rate Questions.

Reply #25
I'm glad you got it figured out

I'm not even sure what to do if my Pro-Ject started playing fast (or slow.) (That's just one of the nice things about digital; you never have to worry about calibration.) I'm increasingly convinced, nonetheless, that one is so much better served by a good direct drive TT than a belt driven one. ...under most circumstances anyway.
The Loudness War is over. Now it's a hopeless occupation.

Reply #26
Hence the stopwatch method.
If you're willing to sacrifice one LP side, a straight radial scratch digitally recorded and analysed in the time domain could be a handy and pretty accurate method. I'm not sure if the scratch will change the speed enough to make the test invalid though.
Adjusting pitch of digital audio is easy but it might be best to get analogue source right. I wonder if pitch inaccuracy affecting the RIAA correction is something to worry about.

Reply #27
...I wonder if pitch inaccuracy affecting the RIAA correction is something to worry about.

That is a fine question. Now I'm wondering as well...
The Loudness War is over. Now it's a hopeless occupation.

Reply #28
...I wonder if pitch inaccuracy affecting the RIAA correction is something to worry about.

That is a fine question. Now I'm wondering as well...

There are no sharp "corners" RIAA equalization curve, it's all very gentle and designed to be easily implemented with passive components. I don't think that small frequency shifts like 1% would produce an audible difference. If my calculations are correct then the worst it (1% freq error) would do is a couple lumps in the frequency response at about 0.09 dB or less.