IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> foobar2000 Tech Support Forum Rules

Please read foobar2000 Tech Support Forum Rules before posting and comply with all the points.
Failure to provide all the information pointed out in the above document in your post is considered wasting other people's time and in extreme cases will lead to your topic getting locked without a reply.

See also: Hydrogenaudio Terms of Service.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Some ID3 fields not in Win 7
John Clement
post Jun 22 2012, 22:30
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 52226

Some ID3 fields in MP3 are not seen by Win 7 even though they are in Foobar. Specifically the discnumber is not being passed through properly sometimes. But sometimes it works. Other fields such as composer also fail when the discnumber fails. I have tried various things such as removing non ID3 fields, re-entering the discnumber... and the only way to make it work is to manually enter "part of set" in windows as 1/2 for example. But then Win truncates all of my other fields, and I have to put them back. It is most annoying to do this.

Is this something that needs to be fixed in Foobar, or is it a windows problem. If a win problem, what is the best workaround?
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
neothe0ne
post Jun 23 2012, 02:51
Post #2

Member No.: 24684

QUOTE (John Clement @ Jun 22 2012, 17:30) *
Some ID3 fields in MP3 are not seen by Win 7 even though they are in Foobar. Specifically the discnumber is not being passed through properly sometimes. But sometimes it works. Other fields such as composer also fail when the discnumber fails. I have tried various things such as removing non ID3 fields, re-entering the discnumber... and the only way to make it work is to manually enter "part of set" in windows as 1/2 for example. But then Win truncates all of my other fields, and I have to put them back. It is most annoying to do this.

Is this something that needs to be fixed in Foobar, or is it a windows problem. If a win problem, what is the best workaround?

It's a Windows problem. Microsoft's support of tagging in general is piss awful compared to Apple's, it's why I've never considered a Zune or a Windows Phone as my portable music player.
+Quote Post
Zarggg
post Jun 23 2012, 09:10
Post #3

Member No.: 11318

Windows does not support ID3v2.4.

This post has been edited by Zarggg: Jun 23 2012, 09:14
+Quote Post
John Clement
post Jun 23 2012, 22:37
Post #4

Member No.: 52226

It is possible to fake out Windows by putting the info in using Win, and then to correct things using Foobar. It is just darn inconvenient. And Win truncates the display of long fields. Sigh. I wonder if they are going to fix this problem. Fortunately the main info that needs to be fixed can be done on a bunch of files at once, so it is not too onerous. But it is a nuisance.
+Quote Post
kode54
post Jun 23 2012, 23:42
Post #5

Group: Admin
Member No.: 4082

If it is truncating the length on some fields to 15 or 31 characters, it may be due to only reading the ID3v1 tags.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2014 - 04:09