Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: v1.1.13 wrongly display DTS audio channel info (Read 1924 times) previous topic - next topic

v1.1.13 wrongly display DTS audio channel info

Hello Developers,

this is just a minor bug report:
v1.1.13 wrongly display DTS audio channel info.

5.1 DTS original, WAV and FLAC encoded play correctly and 6ch output is OK, but in the display panel is wrongly reported 2 ch info.

Good fixing and kind regards,
Andrea

Reply #1
It will display correctly during playback, but not otherwise. Nothing can be done about that short of expanding how decode postprocessor services work.

Reply #2
Hi Kode54, I am sorry, I don't understand your reply.
Me too I am speaking about the playback. In my case, the info panel is anyway displaying 2 ch only, even if I can see from the peak meters and listen from my system it is correctly playing 6ch mode.

Would you like to have screenshot of what I get? (please tell me how to sent you an attachment JPG or PNG).

Thanks and regards,
Andrea

Reply #3
Hi Kode54, I confirm the BUG I reported.
During playback, Foobar v1.1.13 displays correct ch number info only if the played file is a DTS or an original CD (or CD image).
Otherwise, if the DTS content is encoded as WAV and FLAC (I tested only these two), Foobar display anyway 2ch only, even if, I confirm once more, it plays correctly the 6ch.
Regards, Andrea