IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> foobar2000 General Forum Rules

This is NOT a tech support forum.
Tech support questions go to foobar2000 Tech Support forum instead.

See also: Hydrogenaudio Terms of Service.

Lame 3.99.5 Command-Line Options For Foobar2000 Trancoding?, [moved from MP3 - Tech as not a tech issue and more relevant to fb2k]
The_Egg
post Jul 5 2012, 03:09
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 30674

I've been looking for a solution to create both FLAC and Mp3 files with complete ID3 tags from a single rip. After looking into several other solutions, I decided that my best option would probably be to use EAC to rip to FLAC, and then Foobar2000 to transcode to Mp3.

I want to use Lame 3.99.5 with the following options:
-V 0 --vbr-new --add-id3v2 --pad-id3v2 --ta "%artist%" --tt "%title%" --tl "%albumtitle%" --tg "%genre%" --ty "%year%" --tn "%tracknr%" --tc "%comment%" %source% %dest%

^ When I attempt to paste the above line into Foobar2000 for transcoding, I get an error. I assume this is because it is tailored for EAC. Can anyone help me convert those options to something that Foobar2000 can understand?
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
db1989
post Jul 5 2012, 07:07
Post #2

Group: Super Moderator
Member No.: 32180

I donít even need to search for you to answer this one! foobar2000 has a built-in preset for LAME and can tag it automatically, so just add a new Converter preset, choose LAME, choose -V0, and go from there.
+Quote Post
The_Egg
post Jul 5 2012, 15:11
Post #3

Member No.: 30674

QUOTE (db1989 @ Jul 5 2012, 01:07) *
I donít even need to search for you to answer this one! foobar2000 has a built-in preset for LAME and can tag it automatically, so just add a new Converter preset, choose LAME, choose -V0, and go from there.

I saw that it has a built-in Lame choice, but it gives no indication of which version it's using, and I'm not sure I saw an option for -V0. To be honest, I'm not very good with the command line options, which is why I'm asking for help. I tried removing all the tagging stuff, but Foobar still gives an error about %d. I was hoping someone more knowledgeable could post exactly what my command-line should be for what I posted above.

I should probably also mention that I'd like the filename output to list the track number before the song title. Example:
03 - Songname.mp3
+Quote Post
Placio74
post Jul 5 2012, 16:25
Post #4

Member No.: 75294

QUOTE (egglick @ Jul 5 2012, 16:11) *
I saw that it has a built-in Lame choice, but it gives no indication of which version it's using, ...
It's built-in presets only - foobar2000 uses external encoders (from location indicated by user).

...and I'm not sure I saw an option for -V0. ...
Look at quality slider - You can choose from V9 to V0 and at the end 320kbps CBR.

...I tried removing all the tagging stuff, but Foobar still gives an error about %d. ...
Uh...? And Your command line looks like?:
CODE
--noreplaygain -V0 - %d

vbr-new is used by default by Lame.

As mentioned, there is no need to set its own command line to what you described.

...I should probably also mention that I'd like the filename output to list the track number before the song title. ...
Destination > Output style and file name formatting and just set:
CODE
[%tracknumber% - ]%title%
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2014 - 06:40