Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Click->Drag doesn't work from cd? not sure if even bug (Read 2752 times) previous topic - next topic

Click->Drag doesn't work from cd? not sure if even bug

Hey. First of all, your software is pretty much perfect. By far the best audio player I've used.

I don't know if this is a legitimate bug.

I can click and drag (from explorer) music files from a hard drive and it works, but if I click and drag from a CD, it won't and displays the inappropriate mouse icon (cancel).

I first thought that maybe cds opened as admin in windows 7 and that was the reason (since admin processes and user processes can't communicate right? idk), but I opened foobar2000 as admin and that didn't fix it.

I thought maybe it was an explorer issue that handled it differently from that end, but I can click and drag into 7-zip.

Using latest (1.1.13) of course.

Sorry if I'm wasting your time or if this is an individual problem. Figured I'd let you know.

Thanks,
Mat

Reply #1
For what purpose do you want to click and drag tracks from a CD? Note that I used the word tracks, because audio CDs are not stored as files (despite what Windows might like to imply, just to confuse/mislead everyone). foobar2000 seems to be acting perfectly logically and correctly here.

I can click and drag into 7-zip.
I’m actually quite surprised by this. What happens when you do?

Reply #2

My guess is that it adds the .cda pseudo-file to the archive.

Reply #3
Of course! Looking back, I don’t know why I was so baffled.

Reply #4
For what purpose do you want to click and drag tracks from a CD? Note that I used the word tracks, because audio CDs are not stored as files (despite what Windows might like to imply, just to confuse/mislead everyone). foobar2000 seems to be acting perfectly logically and correctly here.

Hey. Thanks for the fast reply!

Sorry, I was unintentionally vague!

The CD-ROM is a CD full of .mp3 files. The filesystem type of the disk is CDFS. I'm not sure if that is not Windows standard (it was burned on a mac, I'd love to blame it on that!)
I can't find too much information about CDFS to learn more.  It almost sounds like it was just for audio CDs, but is that what all CD's use as a filesystem? I don't know that much.

One can click/drag the CD link (in "my computer"), or one can right click tracks and explorer context "Play in foobar", etc. like normal files, but clicking/dragging these imaginary files doesn't.

I can click and drag into 7-zip.

As for 7-zip, it behaves as regular files. If I open an archive and click-drag from the CD, it adds it (.mp3 file) to the archive.

Reply #5
Can you take a screenshot of the files?
Windows 10 Pro x64 // foobar2000 1.3.10

Reply #7
What happens if you try run foobar2000 as admin?
If that was what you did first, by right clicking on the .exe-file and choose Run as administrator?

I'll try and see if it works here.

Edit: Works fine here, also CDFS.

Does it work with Boom Audio Player?
http://perkele.cc/software/boom

Reply #8
Could it have anything to do with shell extensions?

It doesn't work as admin and works in Boom on my computer.

Maybe a problem just with my install?

Reply #9
Try make a temporary layout.

View > Layout > Create scratchbox.
Add a Playlist view.

Then try drag in an .mp3-file.

Reply #10
So? Was this solved? I got this problem since very long time - with both Audio CD and MP3 DVD.... Drag & drop doesn't work... Exactly as described above :/ . Any solution ?

Reply #11
Sorry for double posting - it's fixed in 1.1.15 - information for anyone who might missed it