Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: WavPack plugin for Audition CS5.5 / CS6 (Read 37419 times) previous topic - next topic

WavPack plugin for Audition CS5.5 / CS6

The alpha release of the WavPack plugin for Adobe's Audition CS5.5 / CS6 is ready. This all-new plugin allows reading all WavPack files (lossless, lossy, and hybrid) and provides for saving in lossless mode only (with a selection of speed modes). It supports all the native Audition bit depths (including 32-bit float) and supports multichannel, but currently only handles up to 2GB of data (uncompressed equivalent). Like the previous WavPack Audition filter, it preserves Audition’s metadata (cues and markers, etc.)

To try it, just drop the (unzipped) AmioWavpack.amio file into the Plug-Ins/Amio folder.

All three versions of the WavPack plugin for Audition are now on the WavPack download page

Please let me know if you run into any trouble or have other feedback. Since this is an early version and probably highly unstable, please do not use it for important work!

Thanks! 

Reply #1
I have updated the plugin package above to contain both the 32-bit version (for CS5.5 and CS6) and a 64-bit version for the new CS7 Creative Cloud version of Audition. Again, just place the appropriate version into the Plug-Ins/Amio folder.

There have not been any reports of problems, so I think these plugins are pretty safe, but please post here if you run into any trouble.

All three versions of the WavPack plugin for Audition are now on the WavPack download page

Reply #2
I have updated the plugin package above to contain both the 32-bit version (for CS5.5 and CS6) and a 64-bit version for the new CS7 Creative Cloud version of Audition. Again, just place the appropriate version into the Plug-Ins/Amio folder.

There have not been any reports of problems, so I think these plugins are pretty safe, but please post here if you run into any trouble.

Note that for earlier Audition versions and Cool Edit, the plugin on the WavPack download page should still be used.

Thank you!
It's working great!!!

Reply #3
Silly question but where are you suppose to add the file?  Could you give the full path (for mac) as I have numerous plugins directories but no amio directory.

Thanks
BB

Reply #4
Silly question but where are you suppose to add the file?  Could you give the full path (for mac) as I have numerous plugins directories but no amio directory.

Sorry for the confusion, but I see that I did not mention above that this filter is for the Windows version of Audition only. I don't have a mac (or the mac experience) to create the plugin for that platform.

I am surprised that there's no Amio folder...I didn't realize that the Audition platforms were that different. But even if the Amio folder existed, these files still would not work.

Reply #5
Thanks for the plugin!  It's especially welcome since CS5.5 can't natively save as either WavPack or Flac.  So far, I haven't found a plugin to save as Flac.  The only issue I've found is that I can save only as 16 bit Normal Compression, trying to change the save settings consistently crashes CS5.5.

Reply #6
Thanks for the plugin!  It's especially welcome since CS5.5 can't natively save as either WavPack or Flac.  So far, I haven't found a plugin to save as Flac.  The only issue I've found is that I can save only as 16 bit Normal Compression, trying to change the save settings consistently crashes CS5.5.

Glad my plugin is working for you, but I'm sorry to hear you're getting crashes. Unfortunately, I never used or had CS5.5, so I can't easily try to reproduce your problem (I did the development on CS6 and, later, CS7 and assumed from what I read that it would work fine on CS5.5 also). However, I might be able to get a copy of CS5.5 from Adobe.

Does the system allow you to change the settings in the same way when saving to WAV? I assume that doesn't crash anything. What happens if your file is already 32-bit...does it save correctly then?

Thanks,
David

Reply #7
Unfortunately, I never used or had CS5.5, so I can't easily try to reproduce your problem (I did the development on CS6 and, later, CS7 and assumed from what I read that it would fine on CS5.5 also). However, I might be able to get a copy of CS5.5 from Adobe.

Does the system allow you to change the settings in the same way when saving to WAV? I assume that doesn't crash anything. What happens if your file is already 32-bit...does it save correctly then?

Thanks,
David

David, thank you for your reply.  I can change settings to save in the formats supported by Audition: WAV, AIFF, MP3 (FLAC is not supported for output from CS5.5 but is part of Audition CC as is Ogg) and also change sample rate and bit depth in those formats when saving. 

32-bit files can be saved as 32-bit Wavpack and I can change the sample type to save as 16-bit Wavpack and enable dithering.  It's only trying to change compression type that crashes the program. 

Again, no big deal as I can save as normal compression, but it is an odd quirk. 

Reply #8
Again, no big deal as I can save as normal compression, but it is an odd quirk.

Well, that's not as bad, but still not how it's supposed to work. I should probably get a copy of CS5.5 anyway... 

Thanks for reporting this!

Reply #9
I got a copy of CS5.5 and fixed the problem. The new plugin is here.

I turns out that they bumped the revision of the Amio plugins for CS6 and their SDK didn't work with CS5.5 without mods (the first thing I tried was the Monkey's Audio Amio plugin that comes with CS6 and that crashed in exactly the same way).

Thanks again!

Reply #10
The newest version of Adobe Audition CC (2014) was released today and one of the improvements was the ability to deal more easily with multichannel files (specifically those beyond 5.1) and this required some minor tweaks to the WavPack plugin. The new version (1.2) is now available on the WavPack download page.