IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Hydrogenaudio Forum Rules

- No Warez. This includes warez links, cracks and/or requests for help in getting illegal software or copyrighted music tracks!
- No Spamming or Trolling on the boards, this includes useless posts, trying to only increase post count or trying to deliberately create a flame war.
- No Hateful or Disrespectful posts. This includes: bashing, name-calling or insults directed at a board member.
- Click here for complete Hydrogenaudio Terms of Service

[TOS #2/elitism] From: If you could classify music into ten or less g, [pawelq knows a ton about music, so everyone else should too]
derty2
post Jul 18 2012, 00:42
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 91257

alanofoz, are you talking to me?

Is your post meant to come across to other readers as sarcastic drivel, or are you trying to elaborate on something or other?

If this is sarcasm. . .why ???????

If this is not sarcasm. . .then elaborate on your topic so people can get a proper handle on it.
You have listed 8 tracks and you think they are virtually impossible to classify; is that correct?
Instead of just posing a tricky terse question to the readers, why don't you be the first person
to attempt putting a "genre" label against each item in the list, and let's see if we agree.

If I was to attempt a serious answer at your Post #20. . .
What exactly is "Sumer is icumen in" ? Am I supposed to know this item? Should I search Google and go to Youtube to hear a sample?
What has a track named "Sumer is icumen in" got to do with a topic named "classifying music. . .genres" without any mention of an artist?
There is no point moving on to anything else in your list, because the same logic applies.

This post has been edited by derty2: Jul 18 2012, 01:04
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
pawelq
post Jul 18 2012, 12:12
Post #2

Member No.: 26522

QUOTE (derty2 @ Jul 17 2012, 19:42) *
What exactly is "Sumer is icumen in" ? Am I supposed to know this item?

Well basic musical literacy could be expected from a person who feels competent enough to propose musical classification schemes.

This post has been edited by pawelq: Jul 18 2012, 12:13

--------------------
Ceterum censeo, there should be an "%is_stop_after_current%".
+Quote Post
derty2
post Jul 18 2012, 18:35
Post #3

Member No.: 91257

Serves you right. Go away.

This post has been edited by derty2: Jul 18 2012, 19:06
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st April 2014 - 13:42