Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Goot equipment for huge FLAC files?
kylegreer1996
post Jul 25 2012, 12:19
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 101736

Hello all, I'm new to hydrogen audio and all biggrin.gif
I was wondering, I'm not the best expert on audio, but I do like as high quality as I can get, recently I've been really occupied with a certain artist and managed to get one of his recent albums from vinyl, first time I've listened to 24 bit - 4608kbps - 96khz, can't fault the audio quality either, but I don't really have anything along the lines of audiophile grade listing equipment.

Does anyone have any recommendations for good headphones? Also, does it make a difference that I'm using a stock basic sound card? I care more about processing power and gpu power than sound cards.

Thanks for any help!

-Kyle
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
Arnold B. Kruege...
post Jul 29 2012, 10:51
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 61311

QUOTE (kylegreer1996 @ Jul 25 2012, 07:19) *
Does anyone have any recommendations for good headphones? Also, does it make a difference that I'm using a stock basic sound card? I care more about processing power and gpu power than sound cards.

Good transducers (headphones and speakers) generally more important then differences between good computer audio interfaces.

The cheapest headphones that I would recommend for critical listening are Sennheiser HD 280s. If they were the last headphones you ever bought, you would probably die pretty happy with them.

There are now 100s of headphones, many that sound very good. The sky is the limit for price. If price were no object I would buy a pair of Sennheiser HD 600s, to replace the very similar HD 580s that were stolen from me some years back.
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2014 - 10:17