Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: EAC v1 beta 3 doesnt read title/artist (Read 3571 times) previous topic - next topic

EAC v1 beta 3 doesnt read title/artist

Greetings;

I recently upgraded my EAC software to the latest and greatest V1.0 beta 3; configured everything according to rec's on various hydrogenaudio pages - and the program does not seem to be reading the title or artist of the cd; or the title of the tracks.  Don't know what's up.  Upgraded from V0.99 - haven't used the software in over a year - and never really used it to begin with - just never got around to this little project!  But the previous version I had read the cd title, artist and tracks. 

Any idea what's up? 

Thanks

Kelly

Reply #1
... the program does not seem to be reading the title or artist of the cd ...

It's not reading it from where? Are you speaking of discs that are known to have the info stored as CD-Text, or should the info be gathered from a local or online database? Maybe you previously had the program set up to automatically fetch the info online. In which case you may want to enable:

EAC Options >> General tab >> On unknown CDs, >> automatically access online freedb database

And maybe also configure: freedb/Database Options

Reply #2
You may be using old settings that no longer work with b3:
http://wiki.hydrogenaudio.org/index.php?ti...AC_placeholders

If you are encoding to FLAC, default commandline options are:

Code: [Select]
-6 -V -T "ARTIST=%artist%" -T "TITLE=%title%" -T "ALBUM=%albumtitle%" -T "DATE=%year%" -T "TRACKNUMBER=%tracknr%" -T "GENRE=%genre%" -T "COMMENT=%comment%" -T "BAND=%albuminterpret%" -T "COMPOSER=%composer%" %haslyrics%--tag-from-file=LYRICS="%lyricsfile%"%haslyrics% -T "DISCNUMBER=%cdnumber%" -T "TOTALDISCS=%totalcds%" -T "TOTALTRACKS=%numtracks%" %hascover%--picture="%coverfile%"%hascover% %source% -o %dest%

If using this commandline, untick the box that says "Add ID3 tag".

Easiest way to fix this is to run the "Configuration Wizard" under the "EAC" menu item.

Reply #3
Gee . . .  like I said - haven't used this software in a year - never really knew how to use it in the first place!!  I downloaded the software - manually configured to rip to .flac and all seemed well - with the old version - I stuck a cd in the drive and EAC went to work!  Now when I stick a cd in, and I've tried 3, EAC (new version) doesn't read the title, artist or track titles;  it just tells me how long each track is.  Now, Real Player will play the same cd and it knows the title, artist and all the track titles.  so  . . .    I don't think I had "unknown cds . . . " checked in the previous version of EAC. 

Kelly

Reply #4
Greetings Apesbrain;

Just saw your note:  I copied the command line you provided;  unchecked "Add ID3tag" and still no luck.

BTW - you had sent me a personal message last year when I was on another HA forum trying to figure all this out the first time - your message recommended I try Musicbee - having just found your message (I didn't know I had 'personal' messages on this website) I am wondering if this is still a reasonable alternative.  Does Musicbee do 'accurate' rips?  (yes - still a newbie - life intervenes!)  and thanks (though much delayed) for your message!

Reply #5
If you want something super simple to securely rip your disks, try CUERipper thats included in CUETools.
Who are you and how did you get in here ?
I'm a locksmith, I'm a locksmith.

Reply #6
Neither of your responses acknowledge trout’s post or whether you have followed the suggestions therein.

Reply #7
Greetings all;

Was out of town last week - back at this!

In response: 

Trout:  Don't think I had "on unknown cds . . " checked in previous version;  but had freedb configured already per you links - went back and checked this box - no change .  . . .

Well . . wait . .  - went back and played with the program s'more while drafting this . . .  Got the info I needed when I hit the 'freedb' button - then everything was filled in.  Funny - I thought EAC would do this automatically since I have freedb enabled and configured etc.  Apparently the cd's I tried didn't have the info written to the CD - I didn't know this!  but hey - IT WORKS!!!!!  and that's all that matters

Thanks so much for you help!

Oh - and 'man-eating-duc' . . .  thanks for that suggestion - I'll take a look at it .

Kelly