IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> foobar2000 General Forum Rules

This is NOT a tech support forum.
Tech support questions go to foobar2000 Tech Support forum instead.

See also: Hydrogenaudio Terms of Service.

Custom order of playlist items?
flagfighter
post Aug 6 2012, 22:55
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 102054

I'm wondering if there's a way to make playlists retain a certain order. In other words, I want my songs to be able to go back to a certain order even after I choose to arrange them by artist or track title from the columns. Right now, once they're sorted that way, they get organized and I'll have to go back and arrange them to my liking all over again. This is mainly a problem for me because I want 4000+ songs in one playlist and I want them all in a personalized order. Is there a way to do this with columns? The only way I can currently think of would be to assign a track number to all of them but the playlist is always growing so I don't want to edit every single song to add a track title...
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
flagfighter
post Aug 7 2012, 00:03
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 102054

I considered the option of saving and loading already but even that sounds like a ridiculous amount of work to achieve what should be a standard function of a playlist. I'm trying to make the move from iTunes to foobar but so far this is the only thing holding me back.

Technically, all the songs in the playlist I have in iTunes are just in the order that they were released. I could go through and tag each one with the date the songs were published on, which would achieve essentially the same effect because there is a column for that. It just sounds like a pain with so many songs. lol
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2014 - 00:46