IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Upload forum rules

- No over 30 sec clips of copyrighted music. Cite properly and never more than necessary for the discussion.

- No copyrighted software without permission.

- Click here for complete Hydrogenaudio Terms of Service

lossyWAV 1.3.0 source translated to C++ from Delphi
tycho
post Aug 26 2012, 22:02
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 8183

Here is the first public preview of the source translation of lossyWAV 1.3.0 to C++. It is not finished, but the main work is done.

- vc10_err.txt list the current compiler output in Visual Studio C++ 2010.
- A number of built-in Delphi functions are not yet converted. Most are trivial, but Write() involves some work.

Please note, I know very little of how the code actually works, I basically translated it line by line, and did minor optimizations.
Developers can look over the code and compare with the Delphi source. I have tried to take into account a number of C++'s quirks, e.g.:
- integer / integer -> integer (not floating point, but if one operand is float, it returns float)
- unsigned int (opr) signed int -> unsigned int
- & is bitwise-and, && is boolean-and, likewise with or: |, ||
- c++ base 0 arrays, versus base X in delphi. (range_array class in nSupport.h emulates that)

Optimizations:
* var = var opr value --> var opr= value;
* var = var + 1 --> ++ var;
* and a few more

I added file nSupport.h that has a few Delphi emulation functions and classes. The shared global variables are only declared in the header file. I've not defined them in the cpp files yet.
Attached File(s)
Attached File  lossyWAV_cpp.7z ( 90.42K ) Number of downloads: 74

Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
tycho
post Aug 26 2012, 22:59
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 8183

You're welcome, Nick.

Not sure, but your compiler may have gotten too old. You can download Visual C++ 2010 Express - it's free, but must be registered via a microsoft account within 30 days or so.

Alternatively (or in addition) you may use the gnu g++ compiler (Mingw). Code::Blocks or Qt Creator are great IDE's for that. ( http://shinnok.com/rants/2011/07/18/using-...on-qt-projects/ ). Using g++ will make it easier to port to Linux as well.

Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2014 - 05:35