IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

converting FLAC to MP3 with "all" the tags, currently looking for TDRL and UFID
HansBKK
post Sep 3 2012, 09:28
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 102509

I'm mostly using Picard and MP3Tag for my tagging needs, then using FB2K to handle the FLAC to MP3 conversion.

(apologies if such a question should be in FLAC, I'm guessing here)

I want to automate the conversion of my VorbisComment tag RELEASETIME to ID3's TDRL, and MUSICBRAINZ_TRACKID to ID3's UFID:http://musicbrainz.org.

If this isn't possible with FB2K, then I guess I'm looking for a different free tool (in either/both senses) for handling such conversion, carrying over as many as possible of the tags over - coverart, maybe even lyrics would be nice but not that important at this point.

I'm noticing that I have to change quite a few of MP3Tag's default mappings in order to get the ID3 tags converted properly (e.g. CONTENT GROUP rather than CONTENTGROUP, COMPILATION, TORY, all the SORT ones. . .)

And ideally not just the one-time tag transfer when encoding, but even updating the ID3 tags when the source FLAC fields are edited later on, but I realize that's most likely a bit of a pipe dream.
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
slks
post Sep 13 2012, 17:12
Post #2

Member No.: 29046

I don't think there's a way to do the conversion and tagging in a single step.

My experience with foobar has been that it copies over all the tags during conversion, does it not do this? I mostly stick to the default tag fields (Artist, Album, Date, etc.) so it may be that I just haven't noticed.

--------------------
http://www.last.fm/user/sls/
+Quote Post
HansBKK
post Sep 17 2012, 17:38
Post #3

Member No.: 102509

QUOTE (slks @ Sep 13 2012, 17:12) *
I don't think there's a way to do the conversion and tagging in a single step.

Well it may not be the same step internally but from a user POV that's the way FB2K makes it seem.

QUOTE (slks @ Sep 13 2012, 17:12) *
My experience with foobar has been that it copies over all the tags during conversion, does it not do this? I mostly stick to the default tag fields (Artist, Album, Date, etc.) so it may be that I just haven't noticed.

Thanks for responding.

Yes you just haven't noticed because you don't use TDRL and UFID; I consider the former important since I actually use TYER for the recording date as the standards specify, and I like the idea of having a "primary key" for a given collection to identify/prevent duplicates.

The reason I put "all" in quotes is that I don't expect the dev(s) to actually code support for tags that no one uses.

And again, I'd be happy to use another tool if anyone has a recommendation.

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2014 - 16:19