IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Question about embedding art in WavPack, 1MB size limit...
krafty
post Sep 3 2012, 19:34
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 79175

I just sucessfully added 1.5MB images on WavPack files using foobar2000 sub-menu tagger, thinking that the files would refuse to accept it.
Knowing the limitation that you can't add images over1MB over the wavpack command line, what is exactly the issue?
Is an EXIF data different from the Binary tag? Are this kind of tagging in foobar2000 different from the command line tagging using binary tag?

Thanks for answers.
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
bryant
post Sep 3 2012, 23:27
Post #2

WavPack Developer

Group: Developer (Donating)
Member No.: 900

The 1MB limitation is discussed at some length in this thread..

Foobar2000 handles APEv2 tags itself (without the WavPack library) and obviously it does not implement the arbitrary 1MB limit that I decided on for the WavPack library (although I guess that there is probably some other, higher, limit). This means that any tags over 1MB will be ignored by the WavPack library and will not show up when using the WavPack command-line tools or any program that uses the WavPack library for reading tags (Winamp comes to mind). Of course, they will continue to work fine in Foobar2000.
+Quote Post
_mē_
post Sep 27 2012, 21:27
Post #3

Group: Members
Member No.: 68706

QUOTE (bryant @ Sep 4 2012, 00:27) *
The 1MB limitation is discussed at some length in this thread..

Foobar2000 handles APEv2 tags itself (without the WavPack library) and obviously it does not implement the arbitrary 1MB limit that I decided on for the WavPack library (although I guess that there is probably some other, higher, limit). This means that any tags over 1MB will be ignored by the WavPack library and will not show up when using the WavPack command-line tools or any program that uses the WavPack library for reading tags (Winamp comes to mind). Of course, they will continue to work fine in Foobar2000.

Do you have any plans to improve it?

The limit is painful... with most formats I could have a true single-file rip containig high-res scans of all covers and with wavpack I have to keep them separated. sad.gif

This post has been edited by _mē_: Sep 27 2012, 21:27
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2014 - 11:57