Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: [TROLLING/DERP/DSFARGEG] From: Pinholes in the metallic layer of a CD  (Read 4612 times) previous topic - next topic

[TROLLING/DERP/DSFARGEG] From: Pinholes in the metallic layer of a CD

If you go back to your original post you will see that I addressed your erroneous assumption about how data is laid out on a CD.

Instead of being gracious about the correction, you've decided to play a game of bait and switch.

It isn't us who are looking dense in this discussion, just as sure as you aren't able to rip some of your discs.

It's time to eat your own dog food and break out those power tools.

Reply #2
How very mature of you.

Greynol, the first step in having bit perfect playback is having all your bits.

Reply #3

Suppose you have a RAID-5 with precisely one disk broken. Do you then have all your bits, or don't you?

Reply #4

Suppose you have a RAID-5 with precisely one disk broken. Do you then have all your bits, or don't you?

That would depend on if you were using the ASIO, Wasabi, or Direct Sound driver.

Reply #5
You guys can sing and dance all day about "playing the discs," but again, that's not the issue. The issue is ripping music with no loss of data due to pinholes.

We made no distinction between ripping and playing because there is no distinction.  The data doesn't magically rearrange itself because the disc was put into a cd-rom drive.

Will you be drilling those holes with something quality like Dewalt, or just a cheap old Black and Decker?

Reply #6
Common sense would suggest you remove the unnecessary closed parenthesis...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CIRC

See that that wasn't right and then try some disambiguation...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cross-interle...-Solomon_coding

"The China Insurance Regulatory Commission (CIRC) is an agency of China authorized by the State Council to regulate the Chinese insurance products and services market and maintain legal and stable operations of insurance industry. It was founded on November 18, 1998, upgraded from a semi-ministerial to a ministerial institution in 2003, and currently has 31 local offices in every province.

Do you check your work Greynol?

Reply #7
Do you check your work Greynol?

Your quote of my post clearly indicates that I did:
[...]
See that that wasn't right and then try some disambiguation...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cross-interle...-Solomon_coding

That just goes to show how deep your ability to conduct research goes, I guess.  Again, it's much easier to pretend that there isn't some article out there that actually addresses the point you're afraid to concede.

Anyway, you can ignorantly wait for the rest of your life and not be informed, I really don't care.  Just don't be surprised the next time someone calls you out on pretending to know something you obviously don't.

Reply #8

That would depend on if you were using the ASIO, Wasabi, or Direct Sound driver.

That's one of the better trollings of this week.

Reply #9

Yup. Not to mention the user-error in mentioning Wasabi (Winamp 3/5 API for skins and new plugins) versus WASAPI (Audio API in Windows Vista/7/8).

He insists on mentioning an extreme case (which can happen, I had an old Data CD damaged by a young nephew of mine, when he tried to "draw" with a pen on the label side and made several lines where one could see through).
"pin holes visible when looking to a light" compared to this is minimal.

Wasabi is a member of the cabbage family; it's what they serve with my Sushi, but I don't use it.

Wasapi is a driver for Foobar that makes my Xonar STX go snap, crackle, pop when playing music or clicking on things with the mouse and I don't use it either.

Reply #10
I think this thread was more entertaining than educational.

To think that the confidence number is related to the physical condition of the CD is worthy of the Picard/Riker Double Facepalm Award.

Reply #11
and now you're on the "troll fest" trip.

I think this stuff is pretty educational for people that are not as versed as some of the pros in here to show them the nuances of ripping music.

If posts # 27, 28, 36, 42 were not trolling, then this thread certainly should be pretty educational for people like myself. I might have to spend another hour contemplating the implications of a famous Einstein quote.

Reply #12
If posts # 27, 28, 36, 42 were not trolling, then this thread certainly should be pretty educational for people like myself. I might have to spend another hour contemplating the implications of a famous Einstein quote.

Famous quote by Einstein, or famous quote by Forrest Gump?

Reply #13
and now you're on the "troll fest" trip.

I think this stuff is pretty educational for people that are not as versed as some of the pros in here to show them the nuances of ripping music.

If you had the same pressing of those posts, they would have made perfect sense.