IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Hydrogenaudio Forum Rules

- No Warez. This includes warez links, cracks and/or requests for help in getting illegal software or copyrighted music tracks!
- No Spamming or Trolling on the boards, this includes useless posts, trying to only increase post count or trying to deliberately create a flame war.
- No Hateful or Disrespectful posts. This includes: bashing, name-calling or insults directed at a board member.
- Click here for complete Hydrogenaudio Terms of Service

Reply to this topicStart new topic
[TOS #8 + misinformation] From: Patched foo_input_sacd version for hig, From Topic ID: 96680
kstuart
post Sep 8 2012, 23:12
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 89557

I compared all the various DSD->PCM algorithms in the regular foo_input_sacd and then compared what I felt was the best sounding algorithm to this HQ mod and I also found that this HQ mod sounds better. It's subtle and you need audiophile equipment to hear the difference.

Since the whole point of SACD is these subtle improvements, I'm now using this HQ mod instead of the regular version. So, thanks for posting it here !

By the way, why did you remove the option to add gain digitally ? Isn't that transparent since it is done in the digital domain ? Without it, the DSD->PCM output is always lower than other music files.
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Jens Rex
post Sep 9 2012, 10:06
Post #2

Group: Super Moderator
Member No.: 680

QUOTE (vladg @ Aug 26 2012, 15:56) *
Echo AudioFire drivers don't support WASAPI

False. I've been using AudioFire2 with WASAPI for years. Echo drivers have excellent WASAPI support.
+Quote Post
kstuart
post Sep 9 2012, 17:51
Post #3

Group: Members
Member No.: 89557

QUOTE (Jens Rex @ Sep 9 2012, 02:06) *
QUOTE (vladg @ Aug 26 2012, 15:56) *
Echo AudioFire drivers don't support WASAPI

False. I've been using AudioFire2 with WASAPI for years. Echo drivers have excellent WASAPI support.

Just FYI, if you do a web search on WASAPI, you'll see that the "perfect sound forever"-style claims for the theory did not actually correspond to the actual implementation (which, of course, is true for just about everything).
What actually sounds better depends on other specifics of the individual implementation.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2014 - 14:34