IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> foobar2000 Tech Support Forum Rules

Please read foobar2000 Tech Support Forum Rules before posting and comply with all the points.
Failure to provide all the information pointed out in the above document in your post is considered wasting other people's time and in extreme cases will lead to your topic getting locked without a reply.

See also: Hydrogenaudio Terms of Service.

errors adding Replay Gain metadata to flac files
geezerj
post Oct 6 2012, 17:38
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 103673

I was recently trying to add replay gain metadata to about 12,000 flac files. The files were all ripped by me using CD-DA Extractor. About half the files completed the replay gain scan successfully, but 6500 tracks failed the scan with the message "could not instantiate R128 object". could someone point me to where this error message is documented, or interpret it? thanks.
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
Peter
post Oct 7 2012, 17:19
Post #2

Group: Admin
Member No.: 84

Did you by any chance scan these files using the "scan selection as a single album" command? As I'm sure you know it's irrational to do such thing but it would explain running out of resources (accumulating ReplayGain calculation state to calculate album gain over thousands of files).

Please also post full list of your components, maybe there's some other reason why your foobar2000 is leaking resources while scanning files.

Late edit: ReplayGain scanning will also fail with out-of-resources errors if you're trying to scan your large library as multiple albums but the files are untagged and not recognized as separate albums, hence scanned as one huge album. Except then the results are wrong anyway, so you should not be doing that.

This post has been edited by Peter: Oct 8 2012, 09:39

--------------------
This job would be great if it wasn't for the users.
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2014 - 05:10