IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> foobar2000 General Forum Rules

This is NOT a tech support forum.
Tech support questions go to foobar2000 Tech Support forum instead.

See also: Hydrogenaudio Terms of Service.

Command-Line Decoder Wrapper, New official component
Peter
post Oct 11 2012, 10:01
Post #1

Group: Admin
Member No.: 84

Summary
This component allows you to comfortably play or convert any audio format with a standalone command-line decoder available, including various exotic formats that do not have native foobar2000 decoder components.
Check the documentation link below for more details.

Links
Home page
Documentation

Have fun.

--------------------
This job would be great if it wasn't for the users.
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
EpicForever
post Feb 2 2013, 18:28
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 93712

I'm not sure weather this issue is caused by foo_input_exe or foo_dsp_effect so I post it in both threads, maybe authors will find what can be wrong.
My DSP chain looks like this: Skip Silence - > convert 5.1 to stereo -> convert mono to stereo -> playback rate shift. Playback Rate Shift requires 2ch signal. So used DSP effects provide such signal.
When I play 6ch FLAC encoded from DVD-A everything works OK. Signal is downmixed and I can use PRS actively or just unused, but present in chain. But when I play audio from video files and I use foo_input_exe to wrap signal decompressed by FFMPEG.exe from that files, then 6ch audio decoded from .VOB file generates error: "Unrecoverable playback error: Illegal number of channels". It means that Playback Rate Shift gets 6ch audio instead of 2ch - like "convert 5.1 to stereo" wasn't working or something like this... Why? What can I do to avoid this error in such playback configuration?
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2014 - 13:50