Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Need help with command parameters for FhG AAC (Read 8415 times) previous topic - next topic

Need help with command parameters for FhG AAC

I tried various options but it seems I can't get a "solid" file output. Perhaps someone could help me out with the appropriate parameters for fb2k's converter?

Reply #1
Command Line Encoder Settings - Editing Preset

Encoder: Custom
Encoder file: yourpath\fhgaacenc.exe
Extension: m4a
Parameters: --vbr 4 --ignorelength - %d

lossy

Reply #2
here you go

Who are you and how did you get in here ?
I'm a locksmith, I'm a locksmith.

Reply #3
Code: [Select]
1 out of 1 tracks converted with major problems.

Source: "C:\Users\X\Music\sample.mp3"
  An error occurred while writing to file (The encoder has terminated prematurely with code 0 (0x00000000); please re-check parameters) : "C:\Users\X\Music\sample.m4a"
  Additional information:
  Encoder stream format: 44100Hz / 2ch / 32bps
  Command line: "C:\Program Files (x86)\foobar2000\components\fhgaacenc.exe" --vbr 3 --ignorelength - "sample.m4a"
  Working folder: C:\Users\X\Music\

Conversion failed: The encoder has terminated prematurely with code 0 (0x00000000); please re-check parameters

Reply #4

Did you set 'Highest BPS...' setting to 32 instead of 24?

Reply #5

Did you set 'Highest BPS...' setting to 32 instead of 24?

Yes, thanks for offering further help. I guess it's something with stdin/stdout.

Reply #6
have you got all the required files in the same directory as fhgaacenc.exe?

enc_fhgaac.dll
fhgaacenc.exe
libmp4v2.dll
libsndfile-1.dll
nsutil.dll

Reply #7
Yes! I will try to move the files to another directory, but I don't think it's a permissions problem since I have UAC disabled.

Reply #9
I have all the runtimes hehe.. I guess I will have to use the command prompt to encode the files. Thanks for everyone who pitched in.

Is there a GUI for this encoder? I don't want to install Winamp 

Reply #10
Try running the command line manually from the CMD prompt and see if it works.

Reply #11
I've switched to QAAC now, and it works nicely. However there's a new quirkiness: The capital V switch for True VBR doesn't function unless I write it like so e.g. -V90 if I write it -V 90 it just defaults to its, er default value. Too bad Nero seems to be discontinued, I liked it, but it's time to move on.

Reply #12
I've switched to QAAC now, and it works nicely. However there's a new quirkiness: The capital V switch for True VBR doesn't function unless I write it like so e.g. -V90 if I write it -V 90 it just defaults to its, er default value

Not reproducing here. Please show me console message of fb2k.

Reply #13
I don't get an error message, but the resultant files are always the same size regardless of the TVBR switch value, unless I write it concatenated.

Reply #14
I don't get an error message, but the resultant files are always the same size regardless of the TVBR switch value, unless I write it concatenated.

Strange. Version of qaac? And I'd like to know exact command line which should be printed in the console of fb2k (view->console).
Also, try it from directly command line. qaac will show something like the following by which you should know if TVBR quality value is misinterpreted.
AAC-LC Encoder, TVBR q63, Quality 96

Although you can specify 0-127, it is rounded to the nearest available value. In case you specify 60, you will get 63.

Reply #15
Hmmm it seems that spaces in the path screw up the V switch for me, no big deal. Just tested this with a sample on the root folder, and the resultant file sizes are similar. Thanks for the help 

Reply #16
Hmmm it seems that spaces in the path screw up the V switch for me, no big deal. Just tested this with a sample on the root folder, and the resultant file sizes are similar. Thanks for the help 

Whiltespace in the pathname of input file has nothing to do with space in "-V 91" (or something).
They are completely different things.
  • Pathname of input has nothing to do with a CLI encoder. It's fb2k who opens it and decodes it.  fb2k then feeds decoded audio to the encoder via pipe or temporary file.
  • Also you don't have to care about pathname of output (placeholder %d) . fb2k will take care of it for you so that even a CLI encoder which doesn't handle Unicode pathnames will work.
  • Command line parser of qaac is based on BSD getopt (modified to handle Unciode), and capable of both "-V91" and "-V 91" style (for short options).
"Similar size" of resultant files doesn't prove nothing. If you are using fb2k, just open up property dialog for the song, and look at "tool" tag information. You can see VBR quality or something. Alternatively, you can use tools like Mediainfo.

Reply #17
I've recently installed Win 7 (Pro 64) and am trying to get everything set up but I'm having problems getting FB2K to work with the Fhg AAC encoder.

FB2K is set up as per A_Man_Eating's example in Post 3.
enc_fhgaac.dll, fhgaacenc.exe, libmp4v2.dll, libsndfile-1.dll & nsutil.dll are in the same folder. But I'm getting exactly the error that Pulstar reported in Post 4. As it's a fresh install I assume it won't be related to VC2008 runtime.

Can anybody help?

Reply #18
As it's a fresh install I assume it won't be related to VC2008 runtime.

I don't understand this part of your post. Did you install VS2008 runtime?

Reply #19
I assumed it would be included but just in case I downloaded and installed it. No change. Same error message

Reply #20
botface, can you please try with my "encoder pack" to see if you have the same error? http://dropcanvas.com/x732m (I removed foobar2000 from the package so now it's should be ok to post it here).

Reply #21
I tried your fhgaacenc.exe. Same error

Reply #22
Did you install x86 or x64 version of VS2008 runtime?

Reply #24
No, x86 is the correct version.