IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Opus inside OggPages, Decoding a live Opus internet stream
thinktink
post Nov 14 2012, 06:15
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 104501

I'm currently working on a Winamp input plugin to provide better native support for the Opus codec than the one that dshow could provide linking in the k-lite codec pack. Metadata and whatnot.

Anyways, I'm dynamically linking in the official opusfile-0.1-win32 libraries from the opus-codec site and I have been able to succesfully decode and get Winamp to play a local .opus file. However, I've not been so fortunate with online streams.

I am not familiar at all with any of the internals/packets/pages/whatevers of live streams. I can get my plugin to connect to a server, get the data it's outchucking, parse out the HTTP header, parse the seperate Ogg Pages, get the OpusHead, and get the OpusTags, but that's it. I tried sending, just the Ogg pages, a chain of Ogg pages, individual segments in the pages, to all of the in-memory functions of the libraries but they all either return error code -133 (OP_EBADHEADER), -137 (OP_EBADLINK), or -139 (OP_EBADTIMESTAMP).

I know nothing of "granules", whatever that means.

Can somebody tell me how to decode an Ogg Opus stream with those libraries or if it's not possible to?

C++

tia

This post has been edited by thinktink: Nov 14 2012, 06:19
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
christiansteifen
post Nov 15 2012, 18:18
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 104541

Hi

You can use easy edcast to feed opus stream.
i use it too. works.

http://www.stream24.com/tune-in/r1199-4.pls
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th April 2014 - 18:07