IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> foobar2000 General Forum Rules

This is NOT a tech support forum.
Tech support questions go to foobar2000 Tech Support forum instead.

See also: Hydrogenaudio Terms of Service.

Exist a Field with the "TOTAL of TRACKS"?, field indicating the total number of tracks
nekcab
post Dec 7 2012, 17:37
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 60902

Hi:

Thanks for reading.

When I convert files, I see that Foobar added to the "TRACK" field:
1st.- A backslash
2nd.- The total value of the album tracks in question

For example:
TRACK field: "03"
TRACK field after modified by Foobar: "03/23"

And I can not find a field (either type "Extended Fields" or Type "Information Fields") which shows the total for the album tracks, for in this way I can modify it, and so Foobar do not change my field "TRACK", that I would have previously prepared.

Thank you again.

This post has been edited by nekcab: Dec 7 2012, 17:42
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
nekcab
post Dec 8 2012, 15:32
Post #2

Member No.: 60902

In the case of the .CUE files & Foobar, forget what I just said before. It was just an example, but it really is irrelevant.

I would like to focus more is how to avoid the now famous calculation that takes Foobar 2000 to establish the value of the "TRACK" field in the case of separate files.

I recognize that "Foobar 2000" does not always change the "TRACK" field (e.g. if empty on purpose, so if you modify it) And sometimes, respects the value that the user previously assigned (When yes or when not ? ... I have not discovered yet a pattern of action).

And yes, you can change (solo album in album), but the idea is that "Foobar 2000" respects the "TRACK" field always have a value placed on purpose. That's for me, my main headache.

Thanks for your interest in the mysterious case of Foobar and "evil" unspeakable intentions (poor "TRACK" field ... what him have done to "Foobar 2000"? tongue.gif )

This post has been edited by nekcab: Dec 8 2012, 15:51
+Quote Post
smz
post Dec 8 2012, 16:39
Post #3

Member No.: 12025

I think I *may* start to understand:
  • You have several files (all of them are single track per file, cuesheets not involved any more, correct?)
  • You select a bunch of them
  • You right click over them and select "Properties"
  • You change the "Track number" value (field is %tracknumber%) of them (so %totaltracks% not involved any more, correct?)
  • You click on "OK"
  • Some files take the modifications you did, some others not

If this is the case, check if you have the rights to modify those files that do not take your modification, that they do not have the Read-only attribute set and of course that they are not on a read-only media...

Sergio

This post has been edited by smz: Dec 8 2012, 16:41

--------------------
Sergio
Revox B150 + (JBL 4301B | Sennheiser HD430)
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2014 - 12:49