IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Easy-to-use Hi-Fi CD player for seniors, Looking for recommendations, EUR 150 max, cheaper is better
rgtb
post Dec 15 2012, 17:20
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 103446

I am looking for a Hi-Fi CD-Player to give as a present to my parents. They have a sizable collection of audio CDs and have no intention of ripping them. (And it seems their current CD player is on its last legs.) Playback of MP3s or other codecs is not required.

It should be black and have the standard width for Hi-Fi components (ca. 43 cm). I want to spend EUR 150 max (the lower, the better). I know this question is not as advanced as the typical question on this forum but I'm at a loss at what to buy. A forum search didn't turn up anything recent. One piece of info I found is to consider getting a Blu-Ray player instead. But I would only consider Blu-Ray players that (i) boot up almost instantly; (ii) don't have the disc tray hidden behind a plastic cover (as in some LG models); and (iii) can be operated intuitively without being hooked up to a TV.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. From looking through amazon, it seems that my options are relatively limited. There are a bunch of cheap CD players from brands I've never heard of, and then there are the CD players from the major brands which seem kind of expensive (starting at EUR 200 or so).

This post has been edited by rgtb: Dec 15 2012, 17:23
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
lisag
post Dec 20 2012, 17:38
Post #2

Member No.: 103068

Whoops, borked the link. Here it is - http://www.hifi-tower.co.uk/Auna-AV2-CD509...Black_i4472.htm
+Quote Post
Dynamic
post Dec 20 2012, 21:23
Post #3

Member No.: 35307

QUOTE (lisag @ Dec 20 2012, 16:38) *

Can't imagine that sound quality will be lacking in any way in this day and age, so that looks good.

There are also some CD player separates and multichangers new and used on eBay UK and probably in your Eurozone country too.

This post has been edited by Dynamic: Dec 20 2012, 21:26

--------------------
Dynamic the artist formerly known as DickD
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th April 2014 - 23:23