IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> foobar2000 Tech Support Forum Rules

Please read foobar2000 Tech Support Forum Rules before posting and comply with all the points.
Failure to provide all the information pointed out in the above document in your post is considered wasting other people's time and in extreme cases will lead to your topic getting locked without a reply.

See also: Hydrogenaudio Terms of Service.

WASAPI misses start of track if rate/depth different to previous track, [moved as not a 3rd Party Plugin]
extracampine
post Dec 18 2012, 13:47
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 45592

I'm having a problem with music playback in Foobar when using the WASAPI plugin.

If I'm using WASAPI (event), then when I select a track of a different bitrate to the playing track, playback doesn't start at the beginning - it starts around 5 or 10 seconds into the track. This is independent of whether I had stopped the previously playing track first.

It only happens when the bitrate of the tracks changes, i.e. if I select another 16bit/44000 Hz track it doesn't happen, but if I then select a 24bit/96000Hz track it does.

Interestingly, when I use the WASAPI (push) setting, it only happens when I am going UP in bitrate, i.e. selecting a higher bitrate track after playing a lower bitrate tracks. It does not happen the other way round.

All my music is in FLAC format. Any help appreciated!!
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2014 - 10:22