Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Resampler (PPHS) (Read 15009 times) previous topic - next topic

Resampler (PPHS)

My current setup:

Asus Xonar DG (24-bit/96KHz Max)
AISO4ALL (Xonar does not natively support AISO)
AISO Foobar Component

The setup to my understanding is as close to bit perfect as I will get, however I have the issue that my 24-bit/192khz files will not play (obviously). So I found the Resampler DSP in Foobar which can resample.

My question is this, can the PPHS DSP only downsample my 192khz files only? Or is there some other DSP or Component I can install into Foobar2000? By enabling this DSP it defeats the purpose of all of the above to get as close to bitperfect if it is running on my 44.1 and 48khz files because it is constantly resampling.

Resampler (PPHS)

Reply #1
Use the mod2 version of the SoX resampler (download here). It allows you to enter frequencies which you want resampled (in your case, you'd enter 192 kHz). Hope that's what you're looking for. Also, it's a better/faster resampler than PPHS (well, I doubt anyone is able to ABX them, but at least it's faster).

Resampler (PPHS)

Reply #2
Use the mod2 version of the SoX resampler (download here). It allows you to enter frequencies which you want resampled (in your case, you'd enter 192 kHz). Hope that's what you're looking for. Also, it's a better/faster resampler than PPHS (well, I doubt anyone is able to ABX them, but at least it's faster).

Awesome thanks, I did install the normal one (which didn't do what I wanted) but did not try the Mods because I didn't see them referenced (what they do) so I stayed away. I just installed it and that is EXACTLY what I was looking for thanks so much. File was playing in background, 192 didn't work so I put in 192000 and low and behold it blasted and scared the daylights out of me. Thanks again for your help.

Resampler (PPHS)

Reply #3

Can somebody please explain me...How and where do enter frequencies in Foobar's SOX Resampler??
Please bear with me, I'm a newbie.

I was having trouble playing 88.2Khz files in my foobar, so I added 'Foo_sox_resampler.dll' file in foobar's components folder and now I can play the file easily, but I wanna know... How and where do enter frequencies in Foobar's SOX Resampler?? Do we have to do in a text file or any command I need to enter???

Resampler (PPHS)

Reply #4
file>preferences>playback>dsp manager. make it active then you should be able to configure it.

Resampler (PPHS)

Reply #5
file>preferences>playback>dsp manager. make it active then you should be able to configure it.

Thank you so much
Now I got it, where to configure SOX Resampler... (I didn't see the configure selected button in DSP manager  )

Resampler (PPHS)

Reply #6
Using Sox mod2 re-sampler I get the following problem.
Near the end of a track the sound gets interrupted for a second and when the tracked fades out the following track starts.
When I start the 'following track' on it's own I first hear the part of the previous track fading out before it starts the intended track.