IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Questions About CTDB Plugin in EAC, Does it work alongside the AccurateRip database?
heyo_speaker
post Dec 22 2012, 17:03
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 46215

With the CTDB plugin installed and enabled, does EAC check both CTDB and AccurateRip after a rip, or does it only check one database? Is there a way to get EAC to check both? (Though as I understand it, one match in any database should be enough verification as long as it is not a previous submission from when you ripped the same CD in the past.)

After I ripped one of my tracks, the EAC log says "Accurately ripped (confidence 5) [6489E204] (AR v2)".
I assume "AR v2" is AccurateRip, but how will I know whether CTDB has been checked?

If CTDB finds an error, will I be prompted to use its error-correction feature, or do I have to do something manually in EAC?

Thanks.
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
heyo_speaker
post Dec 23 2012, 20:53
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 46215

I got the CTDB verification results in my log, but worryingly only some of the tracks were "Accurately ripped" and many had "No match". I read that "No match" means "Too many samples differ". Yet the ripped tracks all sound like they are supposed to (at least the first couple seconds of each that I listened to).

So does this really mean that those tracks just aren't in the database at all, even some of the tracks from the album are, or are my rips too inaccurate? The CD isn't in that bad of shape.

This CD contains tracks that may be identical to tracks from a previously released album by the same artist, so could CTDB be comparing them to the tracks from the other album, which might be in the database, and that is why only some tracks could be verified? Or does CTDB not compare tracks from different albums?

All tracks were verified by AccurateRip with confidence 5. I worry that 5 could be from when I ripped the same CD in EAC years ago, but I never previously clicked "Send AccurateRip Results..." in EAC. So:
A) Does "Send AccurateRip Results..." send the CRCs of my rips to EAC?
B) If so, then the other entries in the database probably are not mine unless previous versions of EAC would automatically submit CRCs, because I never clicked "Send AccurateRip Results..." in the past.

From my log:

---- CUETools DB Plugin V2.1.4

[CTDB TOCID: FIR2mkbR8UXsDT6lGL1fzKyd.BM-] found
Submit result: FIR2mkbR8UXsDT6lGL1fzKyd.BM- has been uploaded
Track | CTDB Status
1 | (1/1) Accurately ripped
2 | (0/1) No match
3 | (1/1) Accurately ripped
4 | (1/1) Accurately ripped
5 | (1/1) Accurately ripped
6 | (1/1) Accurately ripped
7 | (0/1) No match
8 | (0/1) No match
9 | (0/1) No match
10 | (0/1) No match
11 | (0/1) No match
12 | (0/1) No match
13 | (0/1) No match
14 | (0/1) No match
15 | (0/1) No match
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th April 2014 - 19:35