IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Vinyl Newbie Questions
supersosko
post Dec 27 2012, 04:29
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 105415

For Christmas my mom gifted me an Ilp Turntable and I'm kind of in the dark about what to do. The only output I have is my ATH M50's which are always hooked up to my computer.
So I have many questions now:
What else do I need?
Can I just hook a USB cable from the back of the Table to a USB slot in the back of my Computer for playback?
If so, what software do I use for play while the record is playing?

Thanks in advance for any help that is provided laugh.gif
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
supersosko
post Dec 27 2012, 23:45
Post #2

Member No.: 105415

@ AndyH-ha
You made me think to really look at the sound panel on my computer.
Because it counts as a recording device I can just use the "Listen to this device" function.

@Fandango
Ya I read it before coming here but it was very brief except on installing and using the software to rip the vinyls.
Thanks for the suggestion though, I know it is very common for people to just skip the manuals and hit the forums.

P.S.
Nice username, Tim Schafer is awesome.

@DVDdoug

I think this has a pre-amp. The manual states that is line level which I assume means is usable straight from TT to the computer with the RCA cables.

Thanks for the terminology help as well.

So I've read that cleaning your records is good to have. Do I just need to purchase a brush and cleaning solution?
Can you produce your own cleaning solution with distilled water and Isopropyl alcohol?
+Quote Post
dpastern
post Apr 13 2013, 10:28
Post #3

Member No.: 107644

QUOTE (supersosko @ Dec 28 2012, 08:45) *
So I've read that cleaning your records is good to have. Do I just need to purchase a brush and cleaning solution?
Can you produce your own cleaning solution with distilled water and Isopropyl alcohol?

Yes, cleaning does help. Generally speaking, 1:10 mix of isopropyl alcohol and distille water works well. You might want a cheapie record cleaning machine like this one:

http://www.spincleanrecordwasher.com/

it's a fully manual process, but it does a reasonable job (speaking from personal experience). No, it doesn't get dirt/grime out of the deepest parts of the groove like the better (and more expensive record cleaning machines), but it does the job. Noticeable difference imho.

Dave
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th April 2014 - 19:45