IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> foobar2000 General Forum Rules

This is NOT a tech support forum.
Tech support questions go to foobar2000 Tech Support forum instead.

See also: Hydrogenaudio Terms of Service.

how best to use F2K to convert FLAC to MP3?
g725s
post Jan 10 2013, 23:20
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 82209

a couple of years ago I used EAC to rip my CD collection to FLAC. Now I'd like to convert it to MP3 so that I could upload it to my phone for playing (an Android phone using PowerAmp for playback).

I've installed the recent version of Foobar2000, version 1.2, on my Windows 7 PC. So what is the best way to do the conversion process? Of course I want to keep my original FLAC but just have an MP3 copy for MP3 players.

Also I've got my folder naming convention for the most part named the same way, but some are not. What would be the best way to organize my folders and albums. I'm thinking Artist/Artist - Album Name - (date)/01 - Song.mp3

And what tagging and picture art should be included? For album art, in the past I've just copied to the album folder a cover.jpg that I downloaded, usually about 300x300 from a wiki page.

Since I ripped everything with EAC it includes in the album folder the TEXT file and an M3U file. The CUE was left out of the folder and deposited into the main directory folder by itself, by EAC, if I remember correctly.

If I do this conversion I'd like my collection to be up-loadable and playable with correct tagging and cover art for any mp3 player in the future.

This post has been edited by g725s: Jan 11 2013, 00:08
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
g725s
post Jan 11 2013, 17:41
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 82209

Is there a good tutorial somewhere on how to setup and use Foobay2000 to convert my FLAC collection to MP3?
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2014 - 08:23