IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Vinyl setup help?, [TOS #6: moved from General Audio]
UKben
post Jan 17 2013, 03:09
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 105941

Basically im only 16 so i have no knowledge on vinyls and i want to buy a set up. I only want to use it to play tunes im not interested in mixing, the music i want to play is trance, jungle, hip hop and house. My room is 11ft x 10ft, i dont know hom much i need to spend, but i will not be able to spend more than 500. I really know hardly anything but my guess is that i need a turntable, amp and speakers? I want some big, loud speakers as i have a lot of m8s round my house and we share a love for loud, thumping beats biggrin.gif Can you give me some tips on what to buy and possibly even a list of what to buy ( make, model ect.). Any help will be greatly appreciated, thanks.
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
RonaldDumsfeld
post Jan 17 2013, 13:23
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 70617

I know where you are coming from mate. If I was your age that's just what I'd want as well.

500 is a challenging budget but I reckon you can just about do it even buying new.

That Audio Technica turntable Engelsstaub recommends is your best bet. 200.

I'd get a mixer. It'll have phono pre amps if you want them ever and it's an easy place to control everything. Use a CD player or connect your computer to the second channel.

Here one within budget. Stanton SMX 202 60.

Active speakers with > 8 inch cones and > 100W ouput? Try these. Behringer B210D. 240 the pair.

There you are. Hours of neighbour bothering bass based fun. All for under 500.
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2014 - 17:18