Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Problem with MME on MAYA44 PCI
Nattfodd
post Jan 17 2013, 21:44
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 105962

Hi. A few weeks ago i've bought a combo: MAYA44 PCI soundcard with a Samson C01 microphone. It works fine with ASIO - i can monitor myself via ASIO or directly via MAYA Mixer, and my voice is good and clear.

BUT. When i run some applications that uses MME (Skype for example, or when i switch from ASIO to MME in Audition) my voice become distorted. It's difficult to explain - i can hear myself, but with a lot of distortion. In this case soundwave in Audition looks like this:

I have the lastest drivers for Windows 7 x64 installed. Settings for the mixer and direct wire i attached. My guess is that the problem is either about DirectWire setting, or about drivers. One time i had clear sound in Skype. But after i had rebooted my computer i've got the same distortion as i had before. So i can't predict any regularity of the problem and ask for your help. Thanks in advance.

Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
markanini
post Jan 19 2013, 15:35
Post #2

Member No.: 10615

I had the same problem with the very simmilar Infrasonic Quartet. I swtiched to Emu 0404 PCI and havent had a problem since.

This post has been edited by markanini: Jan 19 2013, 15:35
+Quote Post
Nattfodd
post Jan 21 2013, 21:49
Post #3

Member No.: 105962

Yeah, i found the topic on official ESI forums - http://forum.esi-audio.com/show.asp?db=esi...=3&msg=7680 It seems it's a global issue in drivers for Windows 7/8. Crap sad.gif

This post has been edited by Nattfodd: Jan 21 2013, 21:49
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st April 2014 - 16:30