IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Sound card for recording SPDIF optical ?
Xrcr9709
post Jan 20 2013, 13:51
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 70735

Hello,

Since it seems to me that SPDIF (optical) = numeric. I guess that any PC sound card with optical in will do exactly the same job ? Even the cheapest ones ? Or can some cards perfoms differently ? (Regarding quality etc.)

Thank you for information
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
Xrcr9709
post Jan 27 2013, 11:23
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 70735

Interesting, but I already have an "Asus Xoner Essence STX/PCI-E" and I'm satisfied with it. The only thing is that it has no optical in.
(When I order it I thought it would come with a lot more connections because I had seen images of the Asus Xonar Essence ST which has a secondary card, and this led me to confusion)

I don't plan to buy a new card for the long term, I just would like to find a cheap temporary solution to digitize my MiniDiscs in an optimal way once and for all. But I won't need the optical in after this.
That why I was asking first "Since it's numeric, will any card do exactely the same job ?"

There are used "M-Audio Delta Audiophile 192" for around 50$ and that's one of the cards I could I have bought when I bought the Asus, so I'm not decided yet but it's an option.

This post has been edited by Xrcr9709: Jan 27 2013, 11:26
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2014 - 18:37