IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Yet another, "What speakers should I buy?" thread.., Lots of options, maybe you guys can help choose what's best for me
almostmitch
post Jan 23 2013, 15:30
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 104798

I'm in the market for some new speakers, but I'm having a hard time deciding. My room is about 17' x 25' and I want the speakers to pack a punch and have plenty of bass. I was going to buy a pair of bookshelf speakers like these until I was told they may not be ideal unless they are at ear level and positioned correctly. I want the speakers to fill the room and sound good in various positions, and I'm not sure if different types of speakers/woofer arrangements would be better suited for this. I also saw a pair of studio monitors mentioned in another thread. I like the large woofers of the studio monitors, however, I just purchased this reciever to use with the speakers I have and for new ones but I know studio monitors are powered. So I'm wondering how, if at all, these monitors work with a receiver (not too familiar w/ these). I was also considering some floor standing speakers, but nothing specific. Any thoughts, tips, suggestions, or clarification would be appreciated.
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
copperblue
post Jan 23 2013, 15:47
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 34244

QUOTE (almostmitch @ Jan 23 2013, 14:30) *
I also saw a pair of studio monitors mentioned in another thread. I like the large woofers of the studio monitors, however, I just purchased this reciever to use with the speakers I have and for new ones but I know studio monitors are powered. So I'm wondering how, if at all, these monitors work with a receiver (not too familiar w/ these).

FYI, Behringer make a passive version of the monitors you referenced: http://www.behringer.com/EN/Products/B2031P.aspx
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2014 - 19:00