IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> foobar2000 Tech Support Forum Rules

Please read foobar2000 Tech Support Forum Rules before posting and comply with all the points.
Failure to provide all the information pointed out in the above document in your post is considered wasting other people's time and in extreme cases will lead to your topic getting locked without a reply.

See also: Hydrogenaudio Terms of Service.

Undulating playback
macdekker
post Feb 2 2013, 12:29
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 106356

Hi,
I play all my lossy and lossless music with Foobar2000 1.2.2. But the sound seems to be undulating, as if someone is constantly playing with the volumecontrol. Really irritating.
It seems to have started when I downloaded and integrated the equalizer. Any views on this?
Thanks in advance.
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
macdekker
post Feb 3 2013, 17:00
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 106356

QUOTE (macdekker @ Feb 2 2013, 12:29) *
Hi,
I play all my lossy and lossless music with Foobar2000 1.2.2. But the sound seems to be undulating, as if someone is constantly playing with the volumecontrol. Really irritating.
It seems to have started when I downloaded and integrated the equalizer. Any views on this?
Thanks in advance.

Wow, never considered this solution.

Tried it and it works. Thanks a lot.

tongue.gif tongue.gif
+Quote Post
db1989
post Feb 3 2013, 18:56
Post #3

Group: Super Moderator
Member No.: 32180

QUOTE (macdekker @ Feb 3 2013, 16:00) *
Wow, never considered this solution.

Tried it and it works. Thanks a lot.

tongue.gif tongue.gif

Do you mean the auto levelling? If so, glad to help!

I don’t mean to indicate that positive gain will always cause the signal to exceed 0 dB (and thus introduce clipping or other adverse effects), as it does of course depend upon the signal in question, but it’s most definitely something to watch out for whenever EQing. One could perhaps offset the overall decrease of an auto-levelled EQ curve using careful manual adjustment or a separate gain control, but it depends on how much you need the extra volume in software and how confident you are in your ability to tweak to a final volume. Definitely the safest option is never to gain anything positively/past 0 dB.

This post has been edited by db1989: Feb 3 2013, 19:00
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2014 - 05:02