IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> foobar2000 General Forum Rules

This is NOT a tech support forum.
Tech support questions go to foobar2000 Tech Support forum instead.

See also: Hydrogenaudio Terms of Service.

Always enough banwidth for foobar?
Dirki
post Feb 4 2013, 14:58
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 74494

Is there a way to let foobar always have so much bandwidth like it needs to stream Radio Stations? So, when a download manager (or more) is downloading all the time often when there is no bandwidth left for foobar the music coming from a Radio Stations falters for a time goes on, falters and so on. Suppose the max. bandwidth - which differs - varies from 1,2 MBit/s to 1,7 MBit/s and the download manager uses between 0 and 1,7 MBit/s, how can I foobar make to always have the bandwidth it needs to stream music flawlessly, e.g. 128 kbps from a station?

--------------------
Win 7, Win Vista, newest stable foobar & EAC & Cue-Tools
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
Dirki
post Feb 5 2013, 10:34
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 74494

OK, thank you,

Sorry, it is not that easy to understand for me.

<<<you can only tell it not to take more than that.
Yes, if you could tell foobar this, it would be good. So just tell it not to take more than e.g. 200 Mbit/s.

<<<My point was that you generally cannot tell one program to always take a certain proportion of your bandwidth and have it override other programs.
Any other program should not be overwritten, when there would be bandwidth occupied by other programs, the download manager just would use the bandwidth which would be still available, I would assume.

<<<As xnor said, this is something that is best approached by setting a maximal bandwidth for other programs
Yes, I have understand it and I know, I can do it with a / my download manager, so I can do it like xnor says, but I would not like to do it, because...see above...

Sorry for my bad understanding.

--------------------
Win 7, Win Vista, newest stable foobar & EAC & Cue-Tools
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2014 - 19:32