IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

What's a good headphone receiver with high quality DAC and wide fr
vexatious
post Mar 17 2013, 06:34
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 77778

Looking for a headphone receiver with built-in DAC and wide frequency response to drive my studio headphones.

My headphones have a wide frequency response and are pretty flat. Listen to a lot of music beyond 44100 hz (48000 hz for example) and some uncommon sampling rates such as 32000hz. Most headphone amps I see have 20-20hz rate and I'm not sure if this is the same as audible frequency range. I also do midi mixes and listen to a lot of sound effects which makes a high frequency range more necessary.

My main concern is bit-perfect playback, impressive DAC's, and no audio filters or processing (virtual 3d sound and other enhancing stuff is a big no-no!); I want to hear every detail and defect possible in music while being as unmodified as possible (some sounds in songs become in-audible when downsampled from 48000hz to 44100hz; more obvious using a spectrum analyzer). My soundcard does bit perfect playback but not sure if most DAC's leave sampling rates unmodified (especially 32000hz). Don't want to spend over $200.00 but that's okay if I have to.

Regards

This post has been edited by vexatious: Mar 17 2013, 06:45
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2014 - 19:56