Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Tag 1.303 and Tag Frontend 1.4 (Read 8361 times) previous topic - next topic

Tag 1.303 and Tag Frontend 1.4

Reply #25
Again, many thanks.

Is there any way to sort by logical name order, rather than by numerical order? Currently files named according to etree standards do not order properly...

If files are named "djlogic_trios2002-02-07d2t01.mpc" and "djlogic_trios2002-02-07d2t010.mpc" they will appear in this order (with tracks 11-19 following) before track "djlogic_trios2002-02-07d2t02.wav" is listed-resulting in a file list that does not go in sequence...

Reply #26
Originally posted by macdaddy
Is there any way to sort by logical name order, rather than by numerical order? Currently files named according to etree standards do not order properly...

Are you talking about file tagging or playlist creation? Only playlist creation has some sort functions in use, all other functions just use the order files are on disk. It will take some time to make all other functions sort too, but I can try to get it done tomorrow if that's what you need.

Reply #27
Are you talking about file tagging or playlist creation?
I am talking about playlist creation...

It will take some time to make all other functions sort too, but I can try to get it done tomorrow if that's what you need.
Please don't put yourself out on my account-you have already assisted me in ways I could never reciprocate (and, as I said,  I was only referring to sorting files to create a playlist). Thanks.

Reply #28
Originally posted by macdaddy
I am talking about playlist creation...

I'm glad, playlist sorting is easy to modify  New version is uploaded and it should do the sorting like you wanted.

Reply #29
Many thanks, Case-I will give it a whirl when I get home from work...

Reply #30
I've had time to run the new version through a bit of  the gauntlet, and everything works as it should: sorting by name handles filenames with numbers properly now. If only everybody sharing shorten files would adhere to the adopted naming standards...

Reply #31
I uploaded a new version of Tag supporting reading of ID3v2 tags by using id3lib. This could be handy for someone to convert ID3v2 tags to APE. I keep this version in separate zip, it's too bloated because of the library. Download Tag 1.33.