Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: EAC Tags (Read 4490 times) previous topic - next topic

EAC Tags

How do I do MPC tags with EAC so that they are readable in winamp? This may sound like a very stupid question but, heck I'm new. Thanks Jeff

EAC Tags

Reply #1
Originally posted by jjarmak
How do I do MPC tags with EAC so that they are readable in winamp?

Get MPCencT and read the included readme file.

EAC Tags

Reply #2
This is what my string looks like then...:
%l--etc%l%h--braindead --ans 0 --ms 0 --nmt 32 --tmn 40%h %s  --verbose "%1" "%2" --tags "Artist=%a" "Album=%b" "Title=%t" "Genre=%g" "Track=%tn" Can someone make sense out of this and let me know what it ought to look like. Thanks Jeff

EAC Tags

Reply #3
This is what my string looks like then...:
%l--etc%l%h--braindead --ans 0 --ms 0 --nmt 32 --tmn 40%h %s  --verbose "%1" "%2" --tags "Artist=%a" "Album=%b" "Title=%t" "Genre=%g" "Track=%tn" Can someone make sense out of this and let me know what it ought to look like.

Why is profile low "--etc"? That's no option for mppenc nor for mpcenct. Put instead this:
%l--standard%l%h--xtreme%h --verbose --verbose %s %d --tags "Artist=%a" "Title=%t" "Album=%g" "Year=%y" "Track=%n" "Genre=%m"

This way low quality profile uses standard and high quality uses xtreme. Rest of the line is used for both profiles.

EAC Tags

Reply #4
This is what I have now:
%l--standard%l%h--braindead%h --verbose --ans 0 --ms 0 --nmt 32 --tmn 40%h %s --verbose --tags "Artist=%a" "Title=%t" "Album=%g" "Year=%y" "Track=%n" "Genre=%m"

and, I am getting a file not found when it starts to encode. I have it pointed to mpcenct.exe. The other question I have is what are these other programs list, lpac, mac, optimfrog, shorten, and szip?
Thanks Jeff

EAC Tags

Reply #5
This is what I have now:
%l--standard%l%h--braindead%h --verbose --ans 0 --ms 0 --nmt 32 --tmn 40%h %s --verbose --tags "Artist=%a" "Title=%t" "Album=%g" "Year=%y" "Track=%n" "Genre=%m"

There are problems with your line, here's fixed line:

%l--standard%l%h--braindead --ans 0 --ms 0 --nmt 32 --tmn 40%h --verbose %s %d --tags "Artist=%a" "Title=%t" "Album=%g" "Year=%y" "Track=%n" "Genre=%m"
The other question I have is what are these other programs list, lpac, mac, optimfrog, shorten, and szip?

list displays information about mpc files, the rest are lossless compressors that can be used by mppenc to directly transcode from.

EAC Tags

Reply #6

and, I am getting a file not found when it starts to encode. I have it pointed to mpcenct.exe.

This happened to me once too. That time the cause was spaces in the directory name where the wav files were put. Is that the case for you too?

/Erik