- A byte is a collection of 8 bits.
- A SV8 stream is a linear stream of bytes.
- Most data is written from the MSB to LSB into the stream, exception are some fields in the APE Tags.
- A "bps" is 1 bit per second, a "kbps" is 1000 bits per second.
- A SV8 stream is a stream of bytes, i.e. byte order is different from SV7 the same as MPEG Layer 3.
- Bitstream is decoded byte by byte from MSB to LSB.
- Maximum temporal bitrate is
- 2508.4 kbps for 44.1 kHz,
- 2730.3 kbps for 48 kHz,
- 1820.2 kbps for 32 kHz,
- 1254.2 kbps for 22.05 kHz.
- Maximum average bitrate is 1411.2 kbps.
- All Huffman codes are canonic Huffman codes.
return . . .