Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foo_custominfo replacement for 0.9.6? (Read 6676 times) previous topic - next topic

foo_custominfo replacement for 0.9.6?

Hey, until recently, I've been using 0.9.4.5 with foo_custominfo and foo_skip so I can mark tracks to skip in a database (as opposed to the tracks own tags).
I upgraded to 0.9.6 and basically rebuilt my foobar, though foo_custominfo doesn't seem to work properly. Is there another plugin available that allows me to store information in a txt/sql/whatever database so I can continue using foo_skip properly?
Thanks

Reply #1
You can use the official Playback Statistics component.

edit: you can skip tracks with %rating% set to "1"

Reply #2

Ah, good idea, thanks a lot!

Reply #3

This works, but it isn't nearly as good as foo_custominfo.  What is lost is the ability to script the custom field so skip can be implemented as a toggle.  With foo_custominfo it was possible to create toggle under Context Menu Commands like this:

$ifgreater(%skipped%,0,0,1)

If anyone knows how to create skip\unskip functionality as a toggle without using foo_custominfo I'd be happy to upgrade...  if not I will stay on 0.9.5.1 where I can still use foo_custominfo.

See below the implementation I only use CTRL-S to toggle the skip boxes on and off.  To create the boxes I use font that supports ballot boxes and:  $if($strcmp(%skipped%,1),?,?)

Reply #4
what about foo_custmodb?
<insert signature here>

Reply #5
what about foo_custmodb?

I didn't know about this component, thanks!  It works well.  I just implemented the toggle skip now with 0.9.6.9 now using foo_customdb.  It now works the same as foo_custominfo that I shared in my example above, and I can use the toggle for skip by setting properties value to $ifgreater(%skipped%,0,0,1).  If anyone is interested I can share more details of how to set this up.

Reply #6
Has anyone tested foo_skip on 1.0.1?  It looks like I have everything in place, but tracks won't skip.

My filter looks like:
Code: [Select]
$ifequal(%skip%,1,skip,)

I couldn't find an example in this thread, does the skip tag look correct here?:

Lastly, I do have Playback > Skip Tracks checked.

TIA

Reply #7
b225ccc,

are you using the latest version (http://www.saunalahti.fi/cse/foobar2000/?changes=all)?

Edit: I do not use this plugin, but further help you can find for example here, especially see posts #5, #6.
This is HA. Not the Jerry Springer Show.

Reply #9
With v0.7:
Preferences --> Advanced --> Playback --> Skip Track query: %skip% IS 1