Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Masstagger component: version 1.8 (Read 13546 times) previous topic - next topic

Masstagger component: version 1.8

Latest version: 1.8
Download HA wiki article - read this before asking usage questions

Changes since 1.7.1:
  • Improved and customizable "auto track number" action.
  • New action: "embed cuesheet".
  • Various UI glitches fixed.
  • Requires foobar2000 0.9.6 or newer.
Changes since beta 1:
  • Corrected "input values" misbehavior.

Post any feedback, new feature ideas or bug reports here.
Microsoft Windows: We can't script here, this is bat country.

Reply #1
Thanks for this new version.
I can't download it though...
(get only a corrupted or incomplete file)
Maybe a problem with Internet Explorer and hydrogenaudio, since i can only download some files from hydrogenaudio (mostly from the uploads section only).

But i have a feature request:
Would you think about adding "embed album art" too?

Thanks

Reply #2
Just FYI

Download fine with updated Chrome and Firefox.
I've a 6.0 IE here and download is incomplete at approx 50%.

terry

Reply #3
I tried with IE7 and IE8.
Both times the file is corrupted...

Reply #4
Confirmed, OK with Firefox, corrupted with IE8

Reply #5
Hm, that's sad. I don't want to install firefox only for downloading files from hydrogenaudio... 
Have no problems on other sites.
But besides hijacking this thread for this problem, it is good to see masstagger is going better and better

Reply #6
To not further the hijack, might be helpful to start a thread in the site discussion forum:
http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/index.php?showforum=25

There is probably an easy fix of some sort.

terry

Might try clearing browser cache and /or temp turn off AV program

EDIT: maybe a mod can move this entire thread other than Peter's.

Reply #7
Ah, the method described in the first post here:
http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/index....showtopic=70225
works fine.
Download the zip-file --> unpack with 7zip --> rename the unpacked file to foo_masstag.zip and unpack this zip-file.
Now there's a working file.

(I know it is hijacking again, but maybe some others have this problem with the uploaded zip-file, too. There seems to be a problem with zip-files on hydrogenaudio and downloading with IE. No problems with 7zip though)

Reply #8
Situation: I've got script setting %rating% tag to specific value. I add an file to playlist, start playback, while file is playing I remove entry from playlist and add the same file; I hit button to use the script (type is set to [context]) - i've got error with sharing violation. (it works ok with the version provided in installer)

Reply #9
The new auto-track number feature is very useful, thanks .

I get a warning "some parts of the script failed to load" when trying to load a script containing a "Input data (one line per track)" action. It doesn't matter if the script is saved with the old or the new version.

Reply #10
It looks very nice, but are there any benefits (except for losing UI-space) of not using columns for each tag in the preview?
Can't wait for a HD-AAC encoder :P

Reply #11
I thought this was deprecated by fileops and the inbuilt functionality in foobar2000.

Reply #12
I thought this was deprecated by fileops and the inbuilt functionality in foobar2000.
It was, for the install package.

But some users still prefer masstagger's more scripted way of doing things, and for them it's still available as a separate download.
elevatorladylevitateme

Reply #13
Improved and customizable "auto track number" action.

Especially thanks for this.

I know it's probably not a feature many people are missing but would it be possible to add the ability to customize the total tracks pattern too? I would like it to count the total tracks for multi disc releases.

Reply #14
why the name column in preview pane is showing TITLE instead FILENAME? any use from the change?
how to operate with "embed cuesheet" action?

Reply #15

For most "daily usage" scenarios surely. But masstagger has some unique features, which make it indispensable:
  • Store and reuse complicated tasks which otherwise would require much interaction in properties dialog.
  • Assign keyboard shortcuts or menu buttons to simple "quick tag"-like tagging scripts. (This is my personal favourite, as it makes it possible to rate files with only two actions for increasing and decreasing the current tag value.)

Reply #16
I have no idea about how to use the new feature "Embed cuesheet", can someone describe how to use it?

It seems this version doesn't compatible with the actions from other plugins, could you export the new API again?

Reply #17
"Embed cuesheet" looks for a cuesheet named <filename>.cue or <filename.ext>.cue in the same folder as the file being processed and embeds it.

Version 1.8 is no longer compatible with third party addons. If you have any suggestions for new actions that could be added, please post them here.

Reply #18
"Embed cuesheet" looks for a cuesheet named <filename>.cue or <filename.ext>.cue in the same folder as the file being processed and embeds it.

^Added to the wiki
elevatorladylevitateme

Reply #19
[...] new feature ideas [...]

Replace with regular expression would be very cool. Maybe in properties too!?

Thanks for this great component

Reply #20
Hi Peter, nice to see masstagger continued, a good and reasonable decision IMHO and I really appreciate it.

One thought and suggestion is, to use a RegularExpression-Modul across foobar, maybe like the one in AutoIt.
I personally hope, that with some user-defined patterns (may constructive interfere with titleformatting-patterns) the time-investigation for some tagging-actions may become
reduced.
I think of i) repeating patterns and ii) recognation of 2digit-numbers or 4digit-numbers as tracknumber and year (dots, hyphens and slashes in the user-defined-patterns may help) or even iii) comparation with artists and albums in the media-library (recognation of artist-string, title-string, album-string), sth. like this.
Just worth a thought 

Regular Expressions @ wikipedia
RegularExpressions in AutoIt

note: time-overlapping with dubpistol 

Reply #21
Thanks for the heads-up, regular expression features are already on the to-do list for Masstagger.

Reply #22
The latest masstagger doesn't evaluate "time" variables:
%added%, %first_played%, %last_played% (these are from foo_playcount, tried also as %__added% etc.)
%last_modified% (a "Generic field" as the reference says)
Those fields are always "?" either in pre-view window and in action.
Taking them into $date() and other similar functions leads to "?" either.

I use masstagger 1.8, foo_playcount 2.1.8 and fb2k 0.9.6.5 beta 1

PS: oh, and if this helps - those fields are visible in columns and other components.

EDIT>
Can someone reproduce this (or say, this works)?

Reply #23
Version 1.8 is no longer compatible with third party addons. If you have any suggestions for new actions that could be added, please post them here.

Thanks for a good component, Peter.
I was used 'foo_masstag_addons 0.3.5' with Ver.1.7.1 .
It was very useful on tagging of non-english album, so add codepage conversion function to next version, please.

Thanks

Reply #24
The latest masstagger doesn't evaluate "time" variables ...
Noted.
It was very useful on tagging of non-english album, so add codepage conversion function to next version, please.
Please use this component instead.