Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: fb2k 0.6 - Where's KS? (Read 3277 times) previous topic - next topic

fb2k 0.6 - Where's KS?

Hi all!

I have just installed the new release (using "installer") and I'm not able to find Kernel Streaming: it was available (and working) with 0.586 (and also with 0.6 beta, if I remember well).

I'm running Win2kSP3 and made no HW/SW changes to my PC.

Also, the first time I installed 0.6 (over 0.586) I had no error but fb2k wasn't working (something about a component of the wrong version, don't remember the exact error). I had to uninstall and install again (losing Previous Title formatting, of course).

Lastly, one question about MP3 tags (hoping it's not a FAQ): I have a collection of about 600 MP3s and for about 300 the Genre tag is not displayed. Also, 5-6 files seem to be missing Title and Author. With other players the tags are ok for all my files. Is there a way to fix this?

TIA for your assistance.

Alessandro

fb2k 0.6 - Where's KS?

Reply #1
it's not installed by default, just install again and make sure to add that one this time

fb2k 0.6 - Where's KS?

Reply #2
Lastly, one question about MP3 tags (hoping it's not a FAQ): I have a collection of about 600 MP3s and for about 300 the Genre tag is not displayed. Also, 5-6 files seem to be missing Title and Author. With other players the tags are ok for all my files. Is there a way to fix this?

Those files must have ID3v2 tags which foobar does not support natively. Download ID3v2 component and you should see the tags after you reload info from files (Select files, right click, select 'Database' -> 'Reload info from file').

fb2k 0.6 - Where's KS?

Reply #3
it's not installed by default, just install again and make sure to add that one this time

Oops... ty for your answer and apologies for my silliness 
Those files must have ID3v2 tags which foobar does not support natively.

Thanks for the link. This is something I don't quite understand (bear with me, I have little or no experience with MP3s and sound stuff in general): does this mean that some of my files have ID3v2 tags and some have another type of tag? Also, when you say that "foobar does not support natively" ID3v2 tags, is it something that will be fixed in future releases or is it a choice? IOW, are ID3v2 tags to be avoided/replaced? And, if so, what tags should I use and, most of all, are there any tools that can help me "fix" my files?

Thanks again for your time.

Alessandro

fb2k 0.6 - Where's KS?

Reply #4
You´re files are likely to have id3v1 AND id3v2-tags, both have disadvantages, so fb2k uses apev2-tags natively. Removal of id3v2 is a time consuming task, as the whole file has to be rewritten. ATM I stick with "tag --force ape2 *" to just add the availabla data for foobar. Then someday perhaps I´ll give "tag --recursive --removeid3v2 *" a run. You might want to try a frontend first, and the url is a lot more easy to remember than case´s.  http://www.tagger.de.vu