Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: audio cd burning software (Read 3886 times) previous topic - next topic

audio cd burning software

up until now ive always used nero for burning audio cds and never had any problems. i recently bought a new computer which came with a pioneer 111-D cd/dvd burner aswell as some verbatim datalifeplus cd-rs (before this id always used riteks but heard verbatim was a lot better) and since than have had a heap of problems when trying to burn. at first the cds would appear to burn succesfully but then when i would listen to them a lot of songs would have skips in them. i installed my old burner and when i tried to burn a cd nothing would happen (the progress bar would stay on 0% and the buffer would slowly go 1... 2... 3... instead of straight up to 100). i then put back in the new burner and had the same problem. finally figured it must be nero and burnt a cd with another program and it worked fine. any ideas why nero would be doing this? i tried 2 different versions: Nero 7 Premium aswell as Nero 6 Ultra Edition (both of which i never used to have any problems with).

so what i want to know is whats the best software to use for making audio cds that doesnt put gaps in between songs (other than nero). every other program ive used puts 2 second gaps in between.

Reply #1
Burrrn

Reply #2
i recently bought a new computer which came with a pioneer 111-D cd/dvd burner aswell as some verbatim datalifeplus cd-rs (before this id always used riteks but heard verbatim was a lot better) and since than have had a heap of problems when trying to burn. at first the cds would appear to burn succesfully but then when i would listen to them a lot of songs would have skips in them.

Do the following:
1. Update burner's firmware, Firmware upgrades for your Pioneer DVD Writer
2. Burn Audio CDs at slower speeds (4x-8x-16x).

Reply #4
Do the following:
1. Update burner's firmware, Firmware upgrades for your Pioneer DVD Writer
2. Burn Audio CDs at slower speeds (4x-8x-16x).

firmware was the latest version and tried at the lowest speed which i think was 4.

Did you burn from mp3 files? Nero 7 has (had?) a buggy mp3 decoder that could cause the mentioned skipping.

yeh all mp3s although i had the same problem when i tried my older version too (Nero 6 Ultra Edition).

ah well fuk nero i guess ill give this Burrrn program a try.