Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Kameleon by Br3tt (Read 320108 times) previous topic - next topic

Kameleon by Br3tt

Reply #350
Hmm, strange. My set-up behaves a bit different regarding playback order. It always starts with the order I used the last time. Even when I use Shuffle (albums) or something else which is not present in Kameleon's button-options and re-start foobar, the order will stay the same until I manually change it. I have tried several combinations of hiding shuffle/default panels but that doesn't influence it in any way.

Kameleon by Br3tt

Reply #351
Hmm, strange. My set-up behaves a bit different regarding playback order. It always starts with the order I used the last time. Even when I use Shuffle (albums) or something else which is not present in Kameleon's button-options and re-start foobar, the order will stay the same until I manually change it. I have tried several combinations of hiding shuffle/default panels but that doesn't influence it in any way.

it's normal, CUI or PSS don't offer permanent global variable to allow skinners to save the playback order, so, when you restart foobar, Kameleon has no idea of what is the last playback order used (the active one coz foobar remains it him!)

so, Kameleon always starts with the same playback order button, and can be different from the real active one ... no other way possible, that's a shame, i know.

Kameleon by Br3tt

Reply #352
  well, first of all, hi there folks!!
now, i have newbie problem, lol....few days ago, i upgraded my foo to kameleon 1.1, and everything looks and works perfectly, cpu usage (single core!!) is not higher than 3-5%, however, there are two little things that bothering me. first, google cover search button is not responding, even tho i c/p the command line as stated in the ''manual'' and another, which plug-in is proper for audioscrobbler, i put ''foo_audioscrobbler.dll'' in the components folder, but nothing's changed on my last.fm profile, regardless of correct user & pass i entered in the tools->audioscrobbler section. wrong plug-in or i did something else wrong? thanks and greetings from croatia  !!

EDIT: foo version is 0.9.6 beta4

Kameleon by Br3tt

Reply #353
@Falstaff
He he, i made it with Tabbed Panel Stack mod and integrated PSS's for the panel order buttons (and indicators), since other than PSS the tabbed panel stack mod remembers the last tab before shutdown and isn't forced to hide a specified panel at startup

Kameleon by Br3tt

Reply #354
@Falstaff
He he, i made it with Tabbed Panel Stack mod and integrated PSS's for the panel order buttons (and indicators), since other than PSS the tabbed panel stack mod remembers the last tab before shutdown and isn't forced to hide a specified panel at startup

ohohoo good i have to give it a  try !! thanx 

Kameleon by Br3tt

Reply #355
It has some disadvantages still:
if you load or reload the fcl, the panel order that the fcl is saved with is indicated, no matter what playback order is actual running.
And you should avoid using other methods to switch the playback order (menu, shortcuts etc.) of course.
But this can be easily solved by a click on the button.

And then: the tabs are flickering on switching...
(But maybe caused by the panel stack splitter)

EDIT:
Oh, and you need T.P. Wangs modification of foo_uie_tabs (to work on vista)
http://theo.foobar2000.com.cn/projects/fb2k-0_9_6-ports/

Kameleon by Br3tt

Reply #356
Well, I had "playback order default" panel hidden on startup, and "playback order shuffle" panel not hidden. When I did this, foobar would load and show the shuffle symbol in the bottom button, yet tracks would play in default order.
What I simply did was show the "playback order default" panel, and hide the "playback order shuffle" panel. This way when foobar would load, my tracks would play in shuffle order, but there is still the problem of the wrong button showing at the bottom (the default order button).

So, I consider my problem mostly solved. My tracks now shuffle on load, but the wrong button image shows. I'm not sure if this is an error with Kameleon, perhaps Brett can attest to that?
Hope this helps.

Thank you, Takaji!!

Kameleon by Br3tt

Reply #357
I'm on 0.9.4 and Vista and foobar won't start now.  An initial process shows up at about 7,000 kb and subsequent attempts at opening foobar yield processes of about 1/10th that size.  Any ideas?  I had just installed kameleon and was running it to see the changes.

Kameleon by Br3tt

Reply #358
Hi there, first of all, thanks a lot Falstaff for your hard work, this is an excellent configuration.

My Album Art (folder.jpg) is displaying correctly for most of my albums except when it comes to multi-disc albums because i put each disc on separate folders, something like this:

%artist%\%date% - %album%\Disc %discnumber%\

How can I display the Album Art for those multi-disc albums without having to put the same picture (folder.jpg) in each "Disc N" folder?

Thanks in advance.

Kameleon by Br3tt

Reply #359
so, i see you don't understand how it works in my config, so i'll try to do a quick explain to make you understand this.

first, i've decided to not display empty area when the bg pic doesn't fit the whole window, like this :

- to do without empty area, 2 possibilities :

1) displaying the bg pic to take the whole place without keeping the aspect ratio (nokeepaspect option of $imageabs(...)), but it is really ugly to stretch images :

2) displaying the bg pic but keeping the aspect ration of the pic ! it's what i have done, but in order to respect my first need (no empty area) i center the pic and i zoom it (in or out) to fill the whole space in the window !

if i don't do this, in the example you gave, a 'portrait' format image like your (ratio near 3:4) to be displayed in a 'landscape' format window (ratio near 4:3), you'll add empty area at the left and at the right of the picture, it is really not sexy for my point of view.

is it more clear now ?

Now, if you want to display pics in another way, i'll not help you, take your titleformat's manual and code it by yourself. Sorry... choices had to be made, i made them.

Regards,

Not sure if you intended it to be this way, but that post came across incredibly rude.  Not sure why I deserved that.  Anyway, back on topic, I do fully understand how it is working in your config, and I respect that it is your config, and you can have it look how you want.  I was looking for some advice as to where I could tinker with things to get it to look how I would like it.  I don't know much about titleformat code, but I do understand the basics, and the theory of programming in general, and I was hoping that you might be able to point me in the direction of the lines of code I might be able to play with to see if I can get it looking how I would like.  If you really don't want to help, that's fine, you aren't required to, but I would appreciate it if you could just point me in the right direction.

Thanks.

Kameleon by Br3tt

Reply #360
I have a question:
I have a keyboard shortcut for Alt+Enter to display Properties (context/playlist).  When I press that key combination, the Properties dialog is displayed, BUT the selected item is played.  I can't find anywhere that the behaviour is defined for the key combo; I don't want the selected item to be played.

Any ideas??

Anyone know why Alt+Enter would Play the selected item?  Is this an ELPlaylist thing?

I just discovered the button in Kameleon to display the properties dialog, but I am used to using the keyboard short-cut.

Kameleon by Br3tt

Reply #361
When I start search an album, playlist show:

Kameleon by Br3tt

Reply #362
I have a question:
I have a keyboard shortcut for Alt+Enter to display Properties (context/playlist).  When I press that key combination, the Properties dialog is displayed, BUT the selected item is played.  I can't find anywhere that the behaviour is defined for the key combo; I don't want the selected item to be played.

Any ideas??

Anyone know why Alt+Enter would Play the selected item?  Is this an ELPlaylist thing?

I just discovered the button in Kameleon to display the properties dialog, but I am used to using the keyboard short-cut.

As soon as I started using Brett's configs I noticed this happening too. I'd like to know why alt+enter doesn't bring up the properties dialogue anymore, either 

Kameleon by Br3tt

Reply #363
so, i see you don't understand how it works in my config, so i'll try to do a quick explain to make you understand this.

first, i've decided to not display empty area when the bg pic doesn't fit the whole window, like this :

- to do without empty area, 2 possibilities :

1) displaying the bg pic to take the whole place without keeping the aspect ratio (nokeepaspect option of $imageabs(...)), but it is really ugly to stretch images :

2) displaying the bg pic but keeping the aspect ration of the pic ! it's what i have done, but in order to respect my first need (no empty area) i center the pic and i zoom it (in or out) to fill the whole space in the window !

if i don't do this, in the example you gave, a 'portrait' format image like your (ratio near 3:4) to be displayed in a 'landscape' format window (ratio near 4:3), you'll add empty area at the left and at the right of the picture, it is really not sexy for my point of view.

is it more clear now ?

Now, if you want to display pics in another way, i'll not help you, take your titleformat's manual and code it by yourself. Sorry... choices had to be made, i made them.

Regards,

Not sure if you intended it to be this way, but that post came across incredibly rude.  Not sure why I deserved that.  Anyway, back on topic, I do fully understand how it is working in your config, and I respect that it is your config, and you can have it look how you want.  I was looking for some advice as to where I could tinker with things to get it to look how I would like it.  I don't know much about titleformat code, but I do understand the basics, and the theory of programming in general, and I was hoping that you might be able to point me in the direction of the lines of code I might be able to play with to see if I can get it looking how I would like.  If you really don't want to help, that's fine, you aren't required to, but I would appreciate it if you could just point me in the right direction.

Thanks.

first, my intentions were not to be 'rude', so excuse me if you had take it like this.
now, to change the display of bg images, i said that i'll help you because it's a mod of the config, and i don't want to modify it for the reason explained in previous posts. Now if you want mod it, you can, no problem, but if you're not able to find the lines to change, i'm afraid that you'll be alble to do it by yourself ... but i hope i'm wrong, and i just can tell you that you need to enter splitter settings (right-click on 'Kameleon' icon button at bottom, -> enter splitter settings, go to the tab that contains the script 'Per Track',  and look for the blocs that calculate ratio and then display the images depending on the ration format (3 blocs, there are comments in the code).

here are the piece of code to modify...

Kameleon by Br3tt

Reply #364
first, my intentions were not to be 'rude', so excuse me if you had take it like this.
now, to change the display of bg images, i said that i'll help you because it's a mod of the config, and i don't want to modify it for the reason explained in previous posts. Now if you want mod it, you can, no problem, but if you're not able to find the lines to change, i'm afraid that you'll be alble to do it by yourself ... but i hope i'm wrong, and i just can tell you that you need to enter splitter settings (right-click on 'Kameleon' icon button at bottom, -> enter splitter settings, go to the tab that contains the script 'Per Track',  and look for the blocs that calculate ratio and then display the images depending on the ration format (3 blocs, there are comments in the code).

here are the piece of code to modify...

Thanks for the tip, I appreciate it.  I do love tinkering with things, so this should be fun.   

Kameleon by Br3tt

Reply #365
thanks for this nice config. I have one problem with it though. Whenever i click on the bottom letters to jump to the artist with name that start with that letter nothing happens. the screen just stays the same place. any ideas?

Kameleon by Br3tt

Reply #366
thanks for this nice config. I have one problem with it though. Whenever i click on the bottom letters to jump to the artist with name that start with that letter nothing happens. the screen just stays the same place. any ideas?

Read back in the thread, it's been covered

Kameleon by Br3tt

Reply #367
OK, never mind, right click the letters/settings/others/click actions/set single click to default

Kameleon by Br3tt

Reply #368
appreciate it. thanks 

Kameleon by Br3tt

Reply #369
Nice config, but there is an issue.

When using the Album List Panel, i frequently start typing the item I want to select that item. Then i want to use my keyboard to add it to the playlist, using SHIFT+ENTER as it says in the context menu.
However nothing happens. Non of the shortkeys mentioned in the context menu work. They did work when using the deafult layout, so something must have changed when installing Kameleon.
This also happened with the other two configs of your making.

Is there a setting I'm missing or is it just a bug/missing feature. If it's the latter could you take a look at it and implement it?
Inter Deum et Diabolum semper Musica est", Tanzwut

Kameleon by Br3tt

Reply #370
It is strange, but then I installed foobar 0.9.6.3 something happens with chronflow 
There are not any actions on mouse click, only scrolling through covers works.
Is it chronflow problem ? or config ?
I use Vista.

Kameleon by Br3tt

Reply #371
Anybody who knows how i can make the arrow buttons work with graphical browser and coverflow?

Kameleon by Br3tt

Reply #372
Where're nocover & loading pics

Kameleon by Br3tt

Reply #373
So I was using kameleon_rate_to_db=1 because I didn't want to change the "Date Modified" for my mp3's, but then I noticed that once I moved an album folder from one location to another, the ratings would get lost! So I gave in and changed the above setting back to "0" so that ratings get tagged in the file... however, now when I rate an mp3, the tags are lost, at least in the Vista Windows Explorer view as well as in the dbPowerAmp tab in file properties:

First 2 tracks were rated with default setting (in Tag, not database):

[a href="http://img12.imageshack.us/my.php?image=rating3.jpg" target="_blank"]

Anyone know what the deal is with this?

Can someone help me with the above issue? Any info is much appreciated, thx!

Also, for some reason, shpeck is now displaying in its own window, rather than in the VIS panel. How can I force shpeck to display in the VIS panel? Right now it is blank/black:

Kameleon by Br3tt

Reply #374
So I was using kameleon_rate_to_db=1 because I didn't want to change the "Date Modified" for my mp3's, but then I noticed that once I moved an album folder from one location to another, the ratings would get lost! So I gave in and changed the above setting back to "0" so that ratings get tagged in the file... however, now when I rate an mp3, the tags are lost, at least in the Vista Windows Explorer view as well as in the dbPowerAmp tab in file properties:

First 2 tracks were rated with default setting (in Tag, not database):

[a href="http://img12.imageshack.us/my.php?image=rating3.jpg" target="_blank"]

Anyone know what the deal is with this?

Can someone help me with the above issue? Any info is much appreciated, thx!

Also, for some reason, shpeck is now displaying in its own window, rather than in the VIS panel. How can I force shpeck to display in the VIS panel? Right now it is blank/black:

@ Shpeck issue: make sure to tick "Integrate with winamp skin" in the Milkdrop configuration menu (found in the Foobar preferences under Visualisations >> Shpeck).