Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: [Not my release] foo_uie_panel_splitter (Read 407373 times) previous topic - next topic

[Not my release] foo_uie_panel_splitter

Reply #175
Hi guys,

I might try to make a new skin for foobar, and i need panel splitter for what i wan to do. But i still have questions.  Can we have a notitlebar skin with this plugin? and what about transparency under xp?

Thanks

Reply #177
Hi guys,

I might try to make a new skin for foobar, and i need panel splitter for what i wan to do. But i still have questions.  Can we have a notitlebar skin with this plugin? and what about transparency under xp?

Thanks

Transparency is one of the ColumnsUI's features, works even under xp

Reply #178
Hi,

I recently updated my Foobar configuration and I found this great component. I use it to switch between panels by using imagebutton (and PANELSHOW command), but now I have a little problem and I searched a solution in forums, but didn't find any ...
So, my problem is :
When I clic on one of the imagebuttons to switch the displayed panel (Album Art/Column Playlist/...), the keyboard shortcuts don't work anymore  .
The only solution I found yet is to press the Tab key, and then the focus "move" to my toolbar (more precisely to the playback dropdown menu Default/Repeat (xxx)/Shuffle(xxx)/...). And then, keyboard shortcuts now work.
It seems that clicking on a button "remove" the focus or something like that 
I don't know if it comes from this component or from F2K, but I never had this problem before.

The only code I use for the panel is (x3) :
$imagebutton(0,0,24,24,XXX\Image1.png,XXX\Image2.png,PANELSHOW:XXX:1;PANELSHOW:YYY:0;PANELSHOW:ZZZ:0,,)

I hope that one of you can have an idea about where my problem comes from ! 

Thanks by advance !

Corwin

PS : I'm French, I hope my English is not too bad ! 

Reply #179
It's a known problem with keyboard shortcuts and panel stack splitter.
A "main" element (toolbar, playlist, playlist switcher etc.) has to be focused to get keyboard shortcuts to work.

Reply #180
It's a known problem with keyboard shortcuts and panel stack splitter.
A "main" element (toolbar, playlist, playlist switcher etc.) has to be focused to get keyboard shortcuts to work.

Ok, thank you for the answer !

Is a correction planned about this "bug" ?

Corwin

Reply #181
Hi!
I have a problem: I use imagebutton to switch panels. In doing so, sometimes, but quite often, when i switch panel, the image of pressed button disappear. This occurs only under Vista SP1, under XP - everything is fine. And    
this happens in all versions foo_uie_panel_splitter. What is wrong?

Reply #182
Hi!
I have a problem: I use imagebutton to switch panels. In doing so, sometimes, but quite often, when i switch panel, the image of pressed button disappear. This occurs only under Vista SP1, under XP - everything is fine. And    
this happens in all versions foo_uie_panel_splitter. What is wrong?

i had a similar problem and managed to solve it successfully.

try starting foobar from it's directory by clicking on foobar2000.exe and see if the problem persists. if everything is ok, that means that there is something wrong with the shortcut.

Reply #183
jeremija
Thanx!
Starting without pictures - it is a problem of another kind. In my case, image disappear after start.
But i will try to use absolute paths to button images.

Reply #184
I now have a similar problem:
Right-clicked on PSS to go to Splitter Settings.
In the same moment a whole panel in a child PSS disappeared! 
Reloading the FCL doesn't solve it. Only restarting foobar...

Sometimes when i start foobar some images or draw-functions in a child PSS are not displayed. But it can be solved by reloading the FCL.

This happens far between and only since i use a PSS directly as base in layout with some inserted child PSS (and some of them have inserted child PSS, 'grandchild' PSS  , too).
As i used a vertical splitter as base (with inserted child PSS) i never noticed this behaviour.

To explain it better:
Layout with PSS as base
Code: [Select]
Panel stack splitter
---Panel stack splitter
   ---Trackinfo mod
   ---WSH panel
   ---Panel stack splitter
      ---Peakmeter spectrum
---ELPlaylist
etc.
Some images or whole panels disappear far between

Layout with vertical splitter as base
Vertical splitter
---Panel stack splitter
   ---Panel stack splitter
      ---Trackinfo mod
      ---WSH panel
      ---Panel stack splitter
         ---Peakmeter spectrum
   ---ELPlaylist
etc.
Never noticed disappearing images or panels.
But maybe a coincidence that i haven't noticed it with vertical splitter as base and it's not a good idea to insert a PSS as child panel in a 'mother' PSS in general...

(my system: WinXP SP3)

Reply #185
is it possible to set the 'layer' order?
i want to create a progress bar, and for that i need to use per second, but i want to put a 'frame' over the dynamic part and would like to use the pertrack setup so that i can use $getlastpos®.

is there a way?

Reply #186
Sorry I did'nt read the whole thread.
I have the following problem
In a tabbed stack mod I have a  Panel splitter. Then I habe artwork in there and Item details. But the Button seems to be behind the itemdisplay. I changed the position and this was the result. Is there any possibility to bring the button before the item details panel?

Reply #187
According to my knowledge panels are always in front of drawn images, text or buttons.
You will have to place the button above or below your panels but not at the same place.

Example:
Artwork view
- Forced layout enabled
- left: 0
- top: 0
- width: %_width%
- height: %_width%

Item details panel
- Forced layout enabled
- left: 0
- top: %_width%
- width: %_width%
- height: $sub(%_height%,$add(%_width%,50))

In this example you'll have 50 pixels below the item details panel to draw images, buttons or text.

Maybe i'm wrong and there is a way to place draw-functions in front of a panel, but i don't know any.

Reply #188
Oh thanks for your answer. So maybe I have to use a Track info mod to reach my goal.

Could someone upload a really simple example for a button which works like a the tab component? That would be very helpful.

Reply #189
If i understand you right, you want to switch the tabs from tabbed panel stack mod with buttons instead of the tabs?

Then you could use something like this:
$imagebutton(0,0,50,20,<Path>,<MousehoverPath>,COMMAND:View/Tabbed Panel Stack mod/Select tab/Panel No.0 Cycle Backward;REFRESH,,)
$imagebutton(50,0,50,20,<Path>,<MousehoverPath>,COMMAND:View/Tabbed Panel Stack mod/Select tab/Panel No.0 Cycle Forward;REFRESH,,)

$imagebutton(100,0,50,20,<Path>,<MousehoverPath>,COMMAND:View/Tabbed Panel Stack mod/Show/Hide tab/Panel No.0;REFRESH,,)

This would give you three buttons. The first two are switching the tabs forward/backward, the last button activates tabs if needed (useful if you have many tabs inserted, because its easier to choose one of them instead of switching with the forward/backward buttons).

Or if you want to choose the tabs directly with buttons, use:
$imagebutton(0,0,50,20,<Path>,<MousehoverPath>,COMMAND:View/Tabbed Panel Stack mod/Select tab/Item properties;REFRESH,,)
$imagebutton(50,0,50,20,<Path>,<MousehoverPath>,COMMAND:View/Tabbed Panel Stack mod/Select tab/Artwork view;REFRESH,,)

Or did i misunderstood you?

EDIT:
Could you describe more precisely what's your goal?
Maybe there is another solution than using trackinfo mod.

Reply #190
tedgo
Instead
COMMAND:...
also usable
PANELSHOW:NowPlaying:1;PANELSHOW:Library:0;REFRESH

Reply #191
@palytsch
We're talking about buttons for switching panels integrated in Tabbed Panel Stack mod, not different panels in Panel Stack Splitter.
If they were integrated directly in PSS than your suggestion would be right.

But integrate them in PSS directly has some disadvantages:
- There has to be written a new command for every new panel that is added later to 'enhance' the config.
(It's not necessary if you integrate the panels in a Tabbed Panel Stack mod instead and switch them with its commands (at least with the cycle commands). It is much easier to enhance a config with new panels than placing panels directly in PSS.)
- All panels except one has to be configured as hidden on startup. Means, foobar always starts with the same panel
(Tabbed Panel Stack mod remembers the last tab before closing foobar and starts with it next time)

EDIT:
But maybe i misunderstood Spirit_of_the_ocean and it is needed to replace Tabbed Panel Stack mod.

Then the command has to look like:
$imagebutton(0,0,50,20,<Path>,<MousehoverPath>,$if($isvisible_c(Item properties),PANELSHOW:Item properties:0;PANELSHOW:Artwork view:1,PANELSHOW:Item properties:1;PANELSHOW:Artwork view:0);REFRESH,,)

or (if a textbutton is needed):
$textbutton(0,0,50,20,<Text>,<MousehoverText>,$if($isvisible_c(Item properties),PANELSHOW:Item properties:0;PANELSHOW:Artwork view:1,PANELSHOW:Item properties:1;PANELSHOW:Artwork view:0);REFRESH,fontcolor:0-0-255 top left,fontcolor:255-0-0 top left)

This gives one switcher button.
A good choice for two panels, but is not as easy if you have more than two panels to switch with...

Reply #192
i want to resize the window, but want to put the anchor to the bottom left.

$textbutton($sub(%_width%,100),$sub(%_height%,10),100,10, , ,WINDOWSIZE:400:400;,,)

i tried to set it like this but it doesn't work:

$textbutton($sub(%_width%,100),$sub(%_height%,10),100,10, , ,WINDOWSIZE:400:400:LEFT:BOTTOM;,,)

is there a way?

Reply #193
@ developper :

Now, things to add on your to do list to make PSS replacing TrackInfo_Mod panel are :

- command for TAGGING music files with $imagebutton() like TrackInfo_Mod : i.e TAG:SET:rating:4

- command that allow to Run foo_run commands, because for now, it still don't work at all

i think these 2 features have to be add in priority if possible

I hope you make it real soon

keep the good work 

+1

is it possible to use a button to set a tag through quicktagger? i tried every way of writing the command that came to my mind, but it won't work
CONTEXT: 'Tagging/Quick Tagger:Set<RATING>to:1';

Reply #194
Hi Guys, there is some inconsistency between PSS and Chronflow?  Specifically on the role of "Find as you type", that since the upgrade to the latest PSS does not work ... 
Any help is welcome.

Thanks.

Reply #195
Hi Guys, there is some inconsistency between PSS and Chronflow?  Specifically on the role of "Find as you type", that since the upgrade to the latest PSS does not work ... 
Any help is welcome.

Thanks.

Hi

This might be connected to problems with keyboard focus i experience.
For example, if i have quick search or album list in my pps-layout, i cant select all items on ng playlist with crtl-a.
Also, i often get an error sound from windows when trying to open preferences through crtl-p (happens without quicksearch and albumlist as well, depening on which panel is currently active.

Has anyone experiencend the same problems (and maybe even figured out a solution)?

regards,
sardonic wrath

Reply #196
Hey Guys, I have a simple question: is there a possibility to change the padding's color(preferably per panel, not global) or do I have to create another panel stack splitter for this?

Thanx in advance
CruX05

Reply #197
Is there any way to choose the rendering order of panels (ie which panel is rendered on top of the others and such like)? The reason I ask is that I would like some drop down menus to be displayed over the playlist, but at the moment the playlist seems to rendered on top of everything else.

EDIT: Nevermind, got it. That was n00bishly simple of myself.

Reply #198
Hey Guys, I have a simple question: is there a possibility to change the padding's color(preferably per panel, not global) or do I have to create another panel stack splitter for this?

Thanx in advance
CruX05

one possibilitie is to fill the padding borders using 4 rectangles filled with the color you want i the script Per Track Section, with the $drawrect(x, y, w, h, bgcolor-alpha, pencolor-alpha)

ex: padding is 5,5,5,5, you have to code this for a black border:

$drawrect(0,0,%_width%,5,000-000-000-255,000-000-000-255)
$drawrect(0,0,5,%_height%,000-000-000-255,000-000-000-255)
$drawrect(0,$sub(%_height%,5),%_width%,5,000-000-000-255,000-000-000-255)
$drawrect($sub(%_width%,5),0,%_height%,5,000-000-000-255,000-000-000-255)

another possibilitie if your main bg is a plain color :

ex: you want green bg with black borders for the padding 5,5,5,5 :

1) just set the bg color to the padding color (black here)
2) in script, draw the main bg color you want with just an inner rect :

$drawrect(5,5,$sub(%_width%,10),$sub(%_height%,10),000-255-000-255,000-255-000-255)

Reply #199

Thanx in advance
CruX05

Do you want to have different 'border colours' around your child panels?

Then I'd do it that way:
Don't use padding but 'forced layout' and a rectangle with your needed 'panel border colour' as background for the panel.

For example:
You want to have an 300x300 pixels Artwork view panel at the left bottom side of your panel stack splitter with a 5 pixel width green border.
Then place the Artwork view panel on the Panel list:
- Forced Layout
- left: 5
- top: $sub(%_height%,305)
- width: 300
- height: 300

And the background (cover-border) on the Script tab:
$drawrect(0,$sub(%_height%,310),310,310,0-255-0-255,0-255-0-255,)