Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Optimfrog Update (Read 5388 times) previous topic - next topic

Optimfrog Update

From the OptimFrog website:

19 Oct 2002
After a long period of absence, being very busy with faculty, job and health problems, a new alpha version of OptimFROG is almost ready. It has significant compression enhancements, support for all integer PCM WAVE formats up to 32 bits, multichannel audio, RAW data, ID3v1 and ID3v2 tagging, CRC32 error checking, error correction, and large (64 bits) file support. All these are based on a new extensible compressed format, making very easy to incorporate additional file formats, algorithm improvements, and additional data without breaking backwards compatibility. I intend to add an asymmetrical OptimFROG algorithm variant, where decoding (playback) will be much faster than encoding, at only a slight degradation in compression performance, and (!) support for Cool Edit/IEEE float (32 bits) format. There will be also bugfix releases for the current 4.21 series.

Optimfrog Update

Reply #1
Today the new OptimFROG 4.50alpha went online.

Edit: Aargh SK1, you started a new thread!

Optimfrog Update

Reply #2
HA!!  Beat ya to it!!

Optimfrog Update

Reply #3
Oh no you didn't! I was 1 minute earlier 

Optimfrog Update

Reply #4
Ouch... well i had quoting to do ...

Optimfrog Update

Reply #5
WTF .  how come they changed the name from optimfrog.exe to ofr45.exe.  Im gonna have to modify my front end just to use the new codec

Optimfrog Update

Reply #6
Maybe he changed it because it's alpha.
It's probably not very recommended to use this version, it's still just *alpha*, so you better keep your front end as it is

Optimfrog Update

Reply #7
It doesnt really matter.  The amount of bugs in my front end program are unimaginable. 

Optimfrog Update

Reply #8
I made a frontend for OptimFROG 4.5 alpha:
Kermit's homepage

Optimfrog Update

Reply #9
The 4.50alpha files don't play in winamp here ("not a valid optimFROG file") so I suppose an updated plugin will come soon. Optimfrog website is down now.

Meanwhile I updated the graphs here already, but not yet the ones in the LA 0.3 thread (for comparison).

Optimfrog Update

Reply #10
Meanwhile I updated the graphs here already, but not yet the ones in the LA 0.3 thread (for comparison).

You needn't worry about updating the graph with the new 0.3x versions - the compression hasn't changed at all (except a bug fix which shouldn't make a difference), and i haven't made any speed improvements either. if i make any changes to the compression then i'll bump it up to 0.4. however i want to get it nice and stable, sorting out any remaining issues with the linux version etc first.

Optimfrog Update

Reply #11
Yes Michael, I noticed compression or speed didn't change with 0.3c.
I just made the graph's legend up to date with this preferred version, while changing it anyway.