Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Cool Edit Plugins? (Read 6448 times) previous topic - next topic

Cool Edit Plugins?

Is there anybody working on Cool Edit plugins for lossless encoders?  A decoding plugin would be awesome for me, I have 5gig of waves that could be shrunk nicely if I could easily access them in CEP..

I'm using Monkeys, is there any chance of a monkeys plugin? :o)
< w o g o n e . c o m / l o l >

Cool Edit Plugins?

Reply #1
Look in you C:\Program Files\Monkey's Audio\Tools folfer : there is a APE.flt file  [or download the full package on the official site]
Wavpack Hybrid: one encoder for all scenarios
WavPack -c4.5hx6 (44100Hz & 48000Hz) ≈ 390 kbps + correction file
WavPack -c4hx6 (96000Hz) ≈ 768 kbps + correction file
WavPack -h (SACD & DSD) ≈ 2400 kbps at 2.8224 MHz

Cool Edit Plugins?

Reply #2
I've seen ape_flt.zip (Cool Edit filter for the Monkeys Audio lossless format) somewhere but I can't find it now.It was a single file , not inside MA's installation , someone put it up in case anyone needed the filter but didn't want to download the whole package.
My brother "accidentally" formatted one of my CDRW discs today so I lost it (together with some 80 megs of  other stuff  ).Ahead developers should put a big red warning on InCD...."DONT FORMAT THIS DISC ASSHOLE , UNLESS YOU WANT TO LOSE ALL THE FUCKING FILES CONTAINED IN IT".Actually there's a warning there but some people are just too dumb 

Cool Edit Plugins?

Reply #3
I've seen ape_flt.zip (Cool Edit filter for the Monkeys Audio lossless format) somewhere but I can't find it now.It was a single file , not inside MA's installation , someone put it up in case anyone needed the filter but didn't want to download the whole package.

The only recommended APE.FLT outside the package can be found here

The only other APE.FLT download I know of is at the Audio Tech Corp website but it is very out-of-date.
"Something bothering you, Mister Spock?"

Cool Edit Plugins?

Reply #4
Thanks Destroid!.The link you posted is the one from which I got ape_flt.zip the first time.
Now I have it again 

My apologies to the english speaking community for any incongruences   

Cool Edit Plugins?

Reply #5
Could someone post a link to the full package of filters for Cool Edit Pro 2.0?
Wanna buy a monkey?

Cool Edit Plugins?

Reply #6
Could someone post a link to the full package of filters for Cool Edit Pro 2.0?

I don't know about a full set, but you can pick up the ogg vorbis filter from Mirror 1, below, and the lame filter from my 'Others' page linked to from the bottom of my front page. If you don't already have it you'll need the lame_enc.dll to go with the lame filter.