Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: LowTrackQuality (Read 3647 times) previous topic - next topic

LowTrackQuality

hello 
i'm having troubles getting my tracks off the cd

i'm using EAC0.95pb3 using 'DetectTOCmanually'
i don't care about the time but im getting low quality, around 82-85%
i have set my speed at 4x (the lowest)

but if you have an advise to configure my settings it would be nice
thanks

LowTrackQuality

Reply #1
''Track quality'' less than 100% doesn't mean the rip isn't good (necessarily).

http://www.exactaudiocopy.de/ (FAQ)

Q: What does the Track Quality really mean? A few times I get 99.7% or 97.5%. But there are no suspicious position reported.

A: When you get 99.7% and so on, that means that a bad sector was found, but the secure mode has corrected it - from 16 times of grabbing the sector, there were 8 or more identical results. So it only indicates read problems. It is the ratio between the number of minimum reads needed to perform the extraction and the number of reads that were actually performed. 100% will only occur when the CD was extracted without any rereads on errors. ONLY when there are suspicious positions reported, there are really uncorrectable read errors in the resulting audio file.

If you want some assurance that errors aren't slipping through (even if EAC says ''no errors occured''), use AccurateRip.

LowTrackQuality

Reply #3
im working on that
thanks, ill let you know (for my good) how it went
by the way, the problem is with copy protected cd's (the problem of low quality)
while at EAC .95beta4 launch the accurateRip wizard
in EAC.95pb3 i dont get the AccurateRip to launch itself (im using a correct keydisc)
my drive is HL-DT-ST RW-DVD/GCC-4241N
no idea of what this means but ill learn it
i get a confidence of 19, i suck!!

LowTrackQuality

Reply #4
in EAC.95pb3 i dont get the AccurateRip to launch itself (im using a correct keydisc)

Check these settings -

http://www.exactaudiocopy.org/eac16.html
# AccurateRip will only be enabled on ripping if the option "Remove leading and trailing silence" is disabled.
# AccurateRip will only be enabled on ripping if either the option "Overread into lead-in/out" AND/OR the option "Fill missing samples with silence" is activated.
The following disables AccurateRip:

-disabling Show status dialog after extraction (EAC Options/General)
-enabling Leave Out Gaps (Action menu)
-enabling Append Gaps To Next Track (Action menu)

LowTrackQuality

Reply #6
Check these settings -

hey Cosmo, thanks
after reading the link it was obvious
From version 0.95 prebeta 5 on, EAC supports the AccurateRip plugin.
so, 0.95 prebeta 3 wont support AccurateRip   
i need this pb3 because i have this 2 cd's Meds-Placebo and it is copy-protected (the other one is one from Bunbury)

by the way, great album you got in your picture---------

LowTrackQuality

Reply #7
Oops, I overlooked that. Yeah, I see that Meds is said to have Copy Control protection. If you can't get a good rip, try it in other drives if you can. Or the felt-tip pen trick might be worth a shot.

edit [02 November 2006]
b-t-w : I had no problems ripping this CD
Virgin Records / Astralwerks # ASW 53035 (Made in USA) UPC: 094635303520
EAC v0.95b4 ; LG GSA-4167b