Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: New Mp4creator (Read 5850 times) previous topic - next topic

New Mp4creator

Menno just compiled a new version of MP4creator that rips AACs from MP4 files - and creates ADTS frame headers for the AAC-files, so the AAC-files are playable in hardware players.

The program works well with MP4 files created by MP4creator, by DivX5 and QuickTime 6. But it can choke on some strange MP4 files (Non-ISMA compliant ones, like Philips')

You can get it here:
http://www.inf.ufpr.br/~rja00/files/mp4creator.zip

And it's available as part of the "Set of MPEG4 tools" package as well.
Juha Laaksonheimo

New Mp4creator

Reply #1
If the MP4 was created with aac by Psytel or QuickTime does it extract that quality or a regular FAAC file?

New Mp4creator

Reply #2
If the MP4 was created with aac by Psytel or QuickTime does it extract that quality or a regular FAAC file?

MP4 is just a container format. If you encode an AAC with Psytel, put it in .MP4 container (ADTS is stripped when muxing to MP4), rip/extract it back to AAC from the MP4-container and add ATDS-headers, the audio information hasn't changed at all, in fact the file should be quite similar to the initial AAC (maybe some ADTS-header differences?).
So no, Psytel or Quicktime encoded file will not change to FAAC-quality. 
Juha Laaksonheimo

New Mp4creator

Reply #3
Awesome! I still wonder why no one ever became interested in improving FAAC quality like LAME. The last time I mentioned this Dibrom argued that it was because there would never be a reliable place to download aac binaries or possibly even source and there would never be hardware support for iso aac. Hmmmm...

New Mp4creator

Reply #4
This works FINE! Does anyone know of a frontend for this?

New Mp4creator

Reply #5
It doesn't work for me. When I extract track 1 from my .mp4 files (QT6) the resulting .aac files don't play in winamp. It tells me something about channels. What is the extact command line for extraction? Sure I'm doing something wrong.

Thanks

New Mp4creator

Reply #6
I have experienced that problem too. Seems like quicktime files still have some problems with the AudioSpecificConfig. I'll have a look at it and will report bugs or fixes to the MPEG4IP people.

Menno

New Mp4creator

Reply #7
Thanks a lot Menno

New Mp4creator

Reply #8
I have no trouble extracting aac from QuickTime 6 Pro files. Very mysterious...

New Mp4creator

Reply #9
Could someone persuade Speex into doing a frontend for this?  Command line proggies annoy me when I've got 50+ files to do
< w o g o n e . c o m / l o l >

New Mp4creator

Reply #10
Who is it who made in_mp4 for winamp?  I want to give them some suggestions as to what I'd want

I'll post em here too for dissection.

- have an option to show variable bitrate instead of the average, and make the variable one change much quicker than the in_faad one if possible!

-in file options, show average bitrate to 1dp

-have options to write standard mp4 tags and view them.

(at the moment file options just shows some info about mp4 video streams, which is all N/A!)

Ooh, and another question..  Something I thought that would help mp4 as a format, is if you could losslessly transcode your mp3's to mp4.  Now I just noticed the new mp4creator lets you input mp3 files!  When they come out as mp4, would they be compatible with mp4 hardware players (if there were any?)..  or would you need an mp4-aac player as well as an mp4-mp3 player as they're separate types of info contained in mp4?

New Mp4creator

Reply #11
Who is it who made in_mp4 for winamp?

Mr. Menno Bakker.
www.audiocoding.com

-have options to write standard mp4 tags and view them.

That hopefully will be added soon. It doesn't depends only on Menno, he's working closely with the MPEG4ip project on this.

When they come out as mp4, would they be compatible with mp4 hardware players (if there were any?)..  or would you need an mp4-aac player as well as an mp4-mp3 player as they're separate types of info contained in mp4?

The same way as you aren't forced to support MP2 in your MP3 player, it's up to the companies to decide whether they will support MP3 inside MP4 streams or only AAC. But, since most modern DSP chips that work with AAC (Texas Instruments, Micronas(?)...) can decode MP3 as well, it's supposable that this feature you are asking about will be implemented.

Regards;

Roberto.

New Mp4creator

Reply #12
Aah I thought Menno didn't work on the in_mp4, only in_faad.

Wicked, hope the tagging is implimented soon, as well as a nice frontend from speex for aac -> mp4  and mp4 -> aac!

New Mp4creator

Reply #13
Menno just compiled a new version of MP4creator that rips AACs from MP4 files - and creates ADTS frame headers for the AAC-files, so the AAC-files are playable in hardware players.

What commands are required for converting MP4 to AAC then?

New Mp4creator

Reply #14
just pulled them out of mp4creator - not very neat -sorry

Options:
  -create=<input-file>    Create track from <input-file>
    input files can be of type: .aac .mp3 .divx .mp4v .m4v .cmp .xvid
  -extract=<track-id>    Extract a track
  -delete=<track-id>      Delete a track
  -hint[=<track-id>]      Create hint track, also -H
  -interleave            Use interleaved audio payload format, also -I
  -list                  List tracks in mp4 file
  -mtu=<size>            MTU for hint track
  -optimize              Optimize mp4 file layout
  -payload=<payload>      Rtp payload type
                          (use 3119 or mpa-robust for mp3 rfc 3119 support)
  -rate=<fps>            Video frame rate, e.g. 30 or 29.97
  -timescale=<ticks>      Time scale (ticks per second)
  -verbose[=[1-5]]        Enable debug messages
  -version                Display version information

now i need and interpreter