Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foobar2000 v1.0 beta 5 (Read 28171 times) previous topic - next topic

foobar2000 v1.0 beta 5

foobar2000 v1.0 beta 5 has been released.
Download...
Read release notes...

List of changes:
  • Bug fixed: Importing themes while having Default User Interface preferences open causes inconsistent behaviors of the status bar formatting editbox.
  • Bug fixed: Some Windows Media streams stop playback on track change.
  • Bug fixed: ASX playlist parsing fails if the file contains XML comments.
  • Bug fixed: WMA cover art is not loaded from some files.
  • .WVX playlists (a variation of ASX) are now supported.
Microsoft Windows: We can't script here, this is bat country.

foobar2000 v1.0 beta 5

Reply #1
Thanks very much.

updated.

foobar2000 v1.0 beta 5

Reply #2
Weekly update
Thanks
🇺🇦 Glory to Ukraine!

foobar2000 v1.0 beta 5

Reply #3
Thnx

foobar2000 v1.0 beta 5

Reply #4
foobar2000 beta 5 crash while scanning folders on fresh install

Due to error of the user, foobar crashed when the excluded file extension list was being modified while scanning media library directories

"unknown application exception (0x40000015) at location 0x0146c3a6"

Steps to reproduce (tried twice):

1. Add folder to watch
2. Press Apply to start scanning
3. Modify the excluded file extension list (while folders being scanned)
4. Press Apply (while folders being scanned)
5. Crash with the error above

This was obviously my mistake for not waiting for the scan to finish (my mind was somewhere else at the time and I got distracted)
I thought you might want to know.

Edit: Typos
Hevay is The Way!

foobar2000 v1.0 beta 5

Reply #5
There is a problem with foobar2000 installation: every time I install fb2k update, mp3tag's explorer integration gets broken. And I need to reinstall mp3tag after that to fix the integration.

foobar2000 v1.0 beta 5

Reply #7
Thank you very much, Peter.
I'm the one in the picture, sitting on a giant cabbage in Mexico, circa 1978.
Reseñas de Rock en Español: www.estadogeneral.com

foobar2000 v1.0 beta 5

Reply #8
Thanks for the update. Well a bit OT: Does someone have an idea why the start of bt downloads often lags here? Sometimes it takes 30 Minutes until it starts. Now as well, not a single Byte will be transferred. I'm sure at some moment in the day it suddenly will start. Opera says: "Seeds: 0, Peers: 0 (Total Seeds/Peers: 501/47)" - Does s/p 0 mean, noone is currently sharing? Thx (I'm not into the Bittorrent thing).

foobar2000 v1.0 beta 5

Reply #9
every time I install fb2k update, mp3tag's explorer integration gets broken. And I need to reinstall mp3tag after that to fix the integration.

Mr. Florian has told that he'll add proper shell extension to MP3Tag that fixes this.

foobar2000 v1.0 beta 5

Reply #10
Thanks for the update. Well a bit OT: Does someone have an idea why the start of bt downloads often lags here? Sometimes it takes 30 Minutes until it starts. Now as well, not a single Byte will be transferred. I'm sure at some moment in the day it suddenly will start. Opera says: "Seeds: 0, Peers: 0 (Total Seeds/Peers: 501/47)" - Does s/p 0 mean, noone is currently sharing? Thx (I'm not into the Bittorrent thing).

I have the same issue in Opera. When using µTorrent, the download starts immediately.

foobar2000 v1.0 beta 5

Reply #12
I have %APPDATA%/foobar2000 as a symbolic link to another folder on my disk. When I installed beta 4 and beta 5 the installer deleted the link and created a new %APPDATA%/foobar2000 folder.

foobar2000 v1.0 beta 5

Reply #13
Foobar 1.0 beta 5 seems to have a problem writing gain changes to MP3 files (data - not tags).  It insists there is no replay gain data in the files when in fact there is, and hence cannot write the files with modified data

Any suggestions?

Alozaina...

foobar2000 v1.0 beta 5

Reply #14
I love the new ASX features; it's like a holiday present for me. Only one thing... Could the handling be improved even more than it has been from b4 to b5? Currently, if you try to tag such a file it tries to tag the underlying one, which isn't possible because that can be on a server somewhere. It'd be nice if you could tag the container file on your HD.

I think this might actually be a bug because it seems to READ the tags from the container.

Also, and I don't know if this is the right place for this, on a side note, if you're trying to convert several files with no tags, it'd be nice if there was a way to have foobar name them differently instead of trying to overwrite one another.

Great work guys, and happy holidays!

foobar2000 v1.0 beta 5

Reply #15
Any word on this issue (if it's even considered one)?

foobar2000 v1.0 beta 5

Reply #16
Thx for the update at first.....but i found some issue with Minilyrics program which doesnt work anymore in new beta.    Here is the screen:

foobar2000 v1.0 beta 5

Reply #17
i found some issue with Minilyrics program which doesnt work anymore in new beta.

Please tell the author to add an appropriate DECLARE_COMPONENT_VERSION macro to his source code.

foobar2000 v1.0 beta 5

Reply #18
foobar2000_v1.0_beta_5.exe doesn't work here: --> Torrent download, portable installation, full install
results in:

---------------------------
Beta version has expired
This beta version of foobar2000 is over four weeks old. Please update to the latest version.

Any hints?

Solved:
I just realized that my system clock setting was not correct. So everything's fine with foobar2000 beta5, please forget my post, sorry...

foobar2000 v1.0 beta 5

Reply #20
In beta 5 I noticed that the (standard) DSP move stereo to rears does not work anymore, the sound stays only in the fronts. As the convert to 4 channel and other upmix plugins still work, I don't think it's my setup.

My feature request would still be, to bring back, the feature to access the properties (properties tab) directly (with a keyboard shortcut). There must be a way to fit that into the current context menu concept (if that is what it takes).
In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice there is.

foobar2000 v1.0 beta 5

Reply #21
In beta 5 I noticed that the (standard) DSP move stereo to rears does not work anymore, the sound stays only in the fronts. As the convert to 4 channel and other upmix plugins still work, I don't think it's my setup.

It might be your setup. I noticed this behavior too when I switched to Windows 7 but a few minutes of fiddling with the sound settings showed that (on my setup at least) for that DSP to work I needed to check the "disable sound blaster enhancements" box in Windows' speaker properties.
we was young an' full of beans

foobar2000 v1.0 beta 5

Reply #22
It might be your setup. I noticed this behavior too ...

You are right up to a certain point, I found out it works as expected with the WASAPI output but it doesn't work with Direct Sound (everything else the same).
BTW I should mention that this is on a Vista 32 system.
In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice there is.

foobar2000 v1.0 beta 5

Reply #23
I'm not sure where suggestions/requests should go, but:

I noticed that if I add a folder to the media library in the same directory as my foobar folder, the media library reports the location as "..\folder\".

Would it be possible to add the ability to edit the location of one of the entries in the media library?  Like say, from "C\Users\me\Music\" to "E:\Music\" or whatever.

foobar2000 v1.0 beta 5

Reply #24
Since I've not done any formal bug-reporting before, I'm not sure if this is a feature or a bug, but this concerns theme management in 1.0 beta 5 (haven't tried this in other versions):

Steps to produce:
  • Preferences > Display > Default User Interface | Theme Management > Quick Setup > Colors
  • Select a color scheme different from the original
  • Click OK
  • Preferences > Display > Default User Interface > Colors and Fonts

The colors in Colors and Fonts will be the original and will therefore override the color scheme selected in Quick Setup. Wouldn't it be more reasonable for Colors and Fonts to reflect what was selected in Quick Setup?